“Not the best” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al Vantaggio

Al Vantaggio
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Al Vantaggio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,712 of 12,044 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Just off the heaving via del Corso you will find an outpost of civility and authentic Roman feeling in Al Vantaggio. Founded in 1920, this traditional eaterie was originally a tavern for carriage drivers, but now has a much more comfortable ambience ��� half-paneled walls, 17th century style frescoes, white tablecloths, artfully folded napkins, air conditioning. Run by a pair of brothers who grew up with this restaurant and are dedicated to it, Al Vantaggio is a relaxing and elegant place to enjoy a true Roman kitchen with a few Calabrian twists. Dishes include a rather spectacular spaghetti con frutti di mare, rich oxtail stew, and home made tiramis��. Italian wines complete the picture.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not the best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The place is nicely situated in piazza del popollo. The food is below average though. But the atmosphere as a whole on the sidestreet was pleasant

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
“Nice food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We really liked the quality of the food, prices were I think a little bit below the neighbourhood average.

• Visited September 2013
Paris, France
“nice restaurant for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was the best lunch in Rome for us. The food was prepared nicely and in a traditional way. Service was quick and nice. In a quiet street in the center. We sat outside but inside was quiet well decorated. I don't know for dinner, but for lunch, I recommend.

1 Thank Feyza K
New York City, New York
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I enjoyed my meal here. I didn't find it overpriced, and considering the neighborhood it was fine. We were in at lunch on a Sunday and there were lots of Romans inside. No complaints, decent food, ok prices.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Liked my pizza, bad, very bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

First of all, my melanzane pizza with prosciutto crudo was great. I loved the full flavor of the eggplants, and I was happy the restaurant provided my request (since the pizza was not on the menu).

That's all.

Service is very bad, we were ignored by every waiter several times at times we wanted attention, like some extra water, cutlery, or in my case... A knife that wasn't blunt. Seriously, my friends call me a slow eater, but I ate almost my entire pizza before we finally had the attention of one of the waiters. It also took the staff 20 minutes to serve me coffee, which wasn't of good quality. One waitress just looked bored and annoyed while she was serving us. We felt a little uncomfortable.

I've to say I might come back for the pizza. MIGHT. We'll see. Hope the staff will at least act like they like their job next time I visit.

• 1 of 5 bubbles