“Worst dining experience of our trip”
Review of Acchiappafantasmi - CLOSED

Acchiappafantasmi
Cuisines: European, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Appears to be a place that caters to locals and regulars, and not in a good sort of way. After being promptly seated, we were just as promptly ignored, for a long time. After finally getting our order taken, we never saw the same wait staff twice, and our appetizer was never delivered. It was delivered on the check. I went to the owner? who replied only "non capisco" until a more perceptive woman finally got the message across. The charge was removed and a staff member chewed out in Italian. Food, what was served, was average. I felt like this restaurant could be much improved with better management.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

not sure where to start, the service,the fact that it was empty yet the pizzas where two hs late?that i can make better pizzas and i m bad bad cook!never again!also it was pricey compare to its standards!

1  Thank lola2882
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is a hidden gem, only 5-6 minutes away from more busy areas.

Pizzas were very good. 8/10.
Cheese board 9/10.
Desserts (we went for the MEGA, which is a selection of 4 different) 9/10.

Wines are all very reasonable priced compared to other restaurants, ~1/2 price.

3  Thank Asle81
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The place is huge and was almost empty on a Saturday lunch. Service was partly uninterested, partly attentive (depending on the waiter). The bruschette were some of the best I've had in Rome. The pizza dough is really good, but one of the pizzas we had was not the best choice (I hated the fact that the toppings were supposed to be several vegetables and all that came was some kind of mashed potatoes and something else). The other pizza (one of the award-winning ones) was good and tasty.

The ghosts are a bit out of context but hey, it is still a nice restaurant and quite reasonably priced.

1  Thank izzolda
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I dont' undertsand all those bad reviews...
I'm italian and I live in Rome....and I've eaten here many times, I totally suggest you to have a dinner in this restaurant.
I love the classical "italian" atmosphere you can breathe here and I really love their pizza, good and ITALIAN.
Maybe it's not a touristic place (quite high prices) but trust me...and try some calabrian recipe...very very spicy!
My fav place in Rome for my special occasion ;)

4  Thank mari1978