“Lovely place!”

Ranked #1,225 of 3,692 Rome B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely place!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I arrived before anyone else this season and had the entire place to myself, which was pretty cool. I loved the access to coffee and tea whenever you wanted and received great, friendly help and recommendations. Great hosts and great place!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hello,
My name is Moira Mackie, and my sister Fiona and I stayed at this B&B this October.

Roberto and his wife could not have been more welcoming, when we arrived Roberto took our bags and made us sit down while he got us refreshments. He then took out a map and outlined with a pen how to get to all the major sights to be seen and the shopping areas.
Not only that but Roberto also gave great recommendations to restaurants that had the best pizza in Rome,The best pasta in Rome, and every place he sent us was affordable and not in the tourist areas. He sent us to where locals ate!! My sister and I were the only tourists in the restaurant haha.
Roberto also took us personal to the most famous Pasta maker in Rome that has been voted year after year as best Pasta by the Italians. And If that wasn't enough he also got us a very in demand Italian nougat that only comes out once a year.
As for the safety of the building I felt VERY VERY SAFE. There are cameras in the entrance in the kitchen in the common room and hallways. Each room has a personal electric safe that you can store your valuables. The rooms are spotless and the bathroom shower is hot and water pressure strong.
I could write more, but I think you get the picture:)

If I ever return to Rome I will be staying here again

Moira and Fiona Mackie,
The Canadian sisters

• Stayed October 2013
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I absolutely love this place. It feels like you are in an apartment, very cozy. The owners are great, willing to help and make your stay the best. Beautiful decorated, super clean and neat. Also has a kitchen, washing machine, coffee 24/7 and big restrooms. I will 100% recommend to stay here because the location is great, a few steps and you are in the metro station, bus stops, restaurants, St. Peters Cathedral and Vatican. Also is a great place to stay because you feel like you are in home!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Dineec
Melbourne
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I loved my stay here! I had a single room and it made for such a refreshing break after being in shared rooms in hostels for the past few weeks. The family just takes care of you the whole time - you will feel so at home here. The facilities are top notch. Bathroom and kitchen were always spotless, and then it's all the little things as well, like help yourself to the espresso machine whenever you want it, breakfast food is available at any time (cereal, yoghurt, pastries etc) and if you leave your washing on top of the machine they will wash it and hang it out for you when you return at night after a day of sightseeing you just bring it in!
I will always try and stay here whenever I am in Rome and can't wait to come back!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Shanshantc
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great family run B&B - its more like an apartment ! the family are really welcoming and helpful. Frederick was amazing and drew us all the areas to go to on a map and also recommended great locals restaurant - which we went to and they were great little places and such good value for money!

The B&B is in an old style apartment block, located about 3 minutes walk from the Metro, and approximately 10 minutes walk to the Vatican.

We travelled as 4 girls, and felt safe in the area and the apartment/B&B is very secure too.
the place was spotless, and the kitchen was well equiped and the breakfast items were replenished daily - there were yoghurts, pre packed pastries, cereals, jams, nuttella, and milk all provided.

I would definately recomend to anyone!

Thanks to 1 Step for a great stay.

Room Tip: we had rooms 2 and 3 and they are located by a shower room and the kitchen
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ireland
Reviewed March 19, 2013

A purely functional B+B. Good value, comfortable, clean and well located. A few niggles (that are clearly stated on their terms and conditions etc so of no surprise)... checking in was complicated by the lack of a reception so you must arrange a time in advance, but we were supplied with a mobile number and just kept ringing the door bells until we got somebody. Breakfast was very basic (cereals, youghurts and long-life pasteries) and always there day and night- not gourmet but fills the gap. The DIY espresso machine did however produce excellent coffee with good crema. Our room was number 8, large and comfortable, but the decor was dated but totally acceptable for the price. The shared bathrooms were clean and always vacant.

The owner's father Roberto, was running the place when we were there and he spoke very good english and gave a bit welcome and a ciao every morning.

So if you are too old for hostels and too cheap for the outrageoulsy priced hotels then this place is definitely worth a look.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hungryawayfromhome
Denton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I had book a place to stay at One Step From St Peter's to be in Rome for conclave and also to go and see the Ireland rugby match. It was perfectly located for me to do the two and was no more than a 6 minute walk from St Peters and a 15 minute walk from Stadio Olympico. In the kitchen it's help yourself to tea, coffee, cereal, croissants and yoghurt. You have Internet access, wifi, tv and plenty of books to use whilst here including many Rome and Italy guides. It is 2 minutes from the metro line so basically you can get to anywhere in Rome from here and from anywhere in Rome to here. Will be coming back soon with lots of friends to explore the city further.

• Stayed March 2013