“Fairly standard”

Ranked #2,068 of 3,692 Rome B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Fairly standard”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at the listed address. Luckily I'd read about the unlabelled front door and just found the number to buzz in. It's fairly close to termini station. The street it's on can be a bit busy so I feel pretty safe around there even when returning early early morning. It can get a bit noisy though with traffic outside; for me it wasnt a problem but if you're a light sleeper it might be. I thought the beds were surprisingly comfy but maybe I was just extremely tired!

Valeria is a very friendly host and spent a while highlighting the sights to see in Rome and how best to get around. I was in a mixed 4 person dorm which was fine; on nights when there were less than four people she would compress the bunk beds to free up the room a bit more. The beds are made daily and towels are included. She was also happy for me to use her washing machine, and although there is no dryer, if you're staying a few days you can just hang your clothes to dry.

Like others have mentioned this place is basically a converted apartment and the facilities are a bit old. In my dorm room there was just one powerpoint but there is a power board in the common room you can use. There is free wifi which is best accessed in the common room. I met some pretty nice people there! Breakfast is pretty basic, croissants and cereal and yoghurt. There are no lockers but people left my stuff alone anyway.

I love that there is no curfew and the bathrooms aren't too close to the dorms so I don't feel guilty taking showers in the middle of the night. The location is good, and the host is quite friendly- she seems to be there most of the time (mostly cleaning!! The lady needs a vacation!). And she let me leave my bags there for the day after check out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lily A

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We were supposed to stay 2 nights and stayed 5 because we felt so comfortable. Valeria is the woman in charge. She is sweet, helpful and caring. She is always cleaning and here to answer questions about attractions. She gave ua tons of information. She allowed us to stay and hang out until 8pm when we had to go termini for our plane. My friend and I are two girls in our 20s and we felt safe inside and outside. We were able to walk everywhere from B&B termini station is just up the road and I think this location is ideal. The sheets were changed daily even if it was our bed for 5 days it was nice having clean sheets each night. The rooms are cozy with cabinet/closets for our belongingz. The windows open up to the street from 2nd story and its a true home feeling. Breakfast was always available even past noon. Waking up late was not an issue and we could still ask for yogurt, make our coffee and have a croissant or toast. The two bathrooms are super clean and large. So nice to have a real bathroom!!! Clean large towels and not for rent! They were a part of our room charge. This hostel was the best I stayed in through a whole backpacking experience and I would def. Recommend it for the hospitality, price, and location. Only internet in common room, but that's how you meet your neighbors and also the restaurant downstairs is fabulous! La Mela d'oro. If I ever come back to Rome I'm staying here! No curfew , locks on all dorm doors, perfect atmosphere for a backpacker! Couldn't have asked for more!

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the address listed. Conveniently located near Termini station. Valeria is an excellent host, she loves to meet all of her guests and does everything she can to make them at home. The hostel is quite small so you get to know everyone and spend time together in the common room which is great for meeting new friends. Hostel is clean, you get a fresh towel each day and breakfast is included. Only issue is that there's no signage when you try to find it, you just have to go by the address and buzz in. Would happily return here.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2013

A short walk from Termini station, this is a small premises (5 rooms?) in a residential block with no proper external signage. Room was clean and basic, but fine. Communal bathroom rooms adequate. Were able to leave our bags on day of departure. Good location and very friendly helpful staff. Felt safe and would return if on a budget

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
hong kong
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The booking place is not what we booked. They will said they were full and took you to other place which walk 10 minutes and located at China Town. I am very scared that the hostel in the residential building. Although the hostel is 20 minutes to train station but the way is very silent and drak. If I am not with husband, I will move out. The staff only in the hostel at breakfaset time as he will give you coffee, bread, jam from 8:00 - 8:30 . After they clean your room, they will not in the hostel.If you stay in the hostel , you will be the security guy for them!!! They didn't give you the emergency contact. When other room are taking shower at the same time, the water will be very hot and very slow. So I took shower very late around 12:00 at night. That's terrible!!!!!
Outside is very noisy as the cable car is next to you. They will not provide new towel everyday.
The only good points is the staff is very nice and close to supermartek.
After I stayed, I just can say value for money!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We made our way to the Bavaria B&B Hostel but when we went up into the building, a woman told us that they were full, and we would be staying somewhere else. Next, she walked us about ten minutes away to another condominium building and set us up in a different place. This seemed a bit rude as obviously it isn't as advertised (the location changed) but she didn't seem apologetic at all - she merely told us the situation and began to walk us to the new place.

With that said, the new place and its owners were very nice and hospitable. The owners (Giorgio and company) were very friendly and helpful, despite their English skills, and put out a nice basic breakfast each morning consisting of croissants in packets, bread, jams, cheese, juice and yoghurts. Also, because of the move, we got a room with an ensuite.

The location was in a sort of China town area, with lots of small Asian stores, but it was still very close to the Termini, and walking distance to attractions and restaurants. One problem was that they had moved us to a much busier street, and the noise overnight was quite loud through the thin closed windows.

Overall, the location (if you end up staying where we stayed) and the price make this place a worthy choice for budget accommodation in Rome.

Room Tip: Email or call in advance to ask where you will be staying, because it is likely that you will be mov...