“An oasis of calm”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Kitchen Dining Living Room
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

CMNAM
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“An oasis of calm”
Reviewed May 13, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We have just returned from a short break in Rome and cannot recommend this apartment highly enough. Spotless, comfortable and within easy walking distance of Rome's many stunning sights. Roberto is a wonderful host, he gave us many useful tips. We look forward to a return visit.

May 17, 2018
Thank you Carole for the super kind review, even you and Nigel have been wonderful guest, so I recommend to other hosts and will be happy to have you again. Ciao Roberto
dj6662015
Devon, United Kingdom
“Wonderful apartment in Rome”
Reviewed May 11, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

My husband and I had a lovely week in Rome. The apartment is perfect - very quiet and comfortable. It is perfectly located for walking to the main attractions and has a supermarket and restaurants nearby. Roberto was very helpful. We would love to return one day.

May 13, 2018
Thank you Carole for the kind words about my apartment, I will be happy to have you again in the house. Ciao Roberto
challst
Jackson, Mississippi
“Perfect Location and Beautiful Apartment”
Reviewed May 2, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

Stayed in this beautiful Prati neighborhood (central Rome between the Vatican and all the main sites) with my mother for 5 days. The experience started with excellent communication by Roberto long before we arrived in Rome. In addition to providing information on the apartment, he made recommendations about getting tickets for symphony and arranging other events. He even helped set up a driver to pick us up from the airport when we returned our car and to take us back to the airport when it was time to go home.
The apartment was spacious for two and had a pull out couch bed that we didn't use. The amenities included a full kitchen, a washer (european style so really small loads compared to what we were used to but the one load we did was enough to get us fresh for the remainder of our trip), modern bathroom with a spacious shower stall. The apartment is on the 3rd floor (i.e. 4th floor for us Americans) but has an elevator. There are a few steps (approximately 6?) in the entranceway to be navigated but there is a sturdy railing and a lot of space if that is an issue for you.
We needed neither heat or air conditioning while we were there though I understand both are available.
The location is perfect. The neighborhood is quiet with restaurants frequented by locals within a few blocks (our favorite was just around the corner which was nice for the one night we had two bottles of wine over a long luxurious meal). If you want to cook shops to buy groceries are the same distance away. The main sites in the old city of Rome are directly across the river. The nearest bridge to get there is a 3 minute walk. The Spanish Steps were about ten to fifteen minutes away by a slow casual walk. The farthest of the central city sites is the Coliseum which is 1.6 km away. I was able to walk there in under 30 minutes and saw multiple others sites along the way. In the other direction are St. Angelo Castle is 5 minutes away and the Vatican City another 5-10 minutes beyond that.
This was a great rental and I would definitely stay there again the next time I'm in Rome.

May 4, 2018
Thank you Craig for the very nice words about my apartment, I'm happy that you enjoied it and I really hope you come again, of course I recommend you and your mother to the other host. Ciao Craig remember at midnight 18/19 October for our birthday!!
Loafer64
Buffalo, New York
“Great Roma Apartment!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

I learned of Residenza Mellini 34 from searching TripAdvisor months before our just completed trip to Rome. Based on those reviews & what looked like other appealing amenities of the property, we booked it for our 10-day vacation in Rome. What a great decision that was!!! From the minute we booked the apartment Roberto, the owner, communicated regularly via TripAdvisor. He was very attentive & helpful in so many ways. Our daughter is studying in Rome for the spring semester, so we wanted to be close to her, but not right on top of her. And we wanted to be in a location that was close to the important attractions, but also provided us the feeling of being in the “real” Rome. Residenza Mellini 34 was all that and more! As mentioned before, Roberto was extremely helpful before we arrived. I asked him to book 2 restaurants for us in advance, so for our first two nights we at least knew where we’d have dinner. The first, La Francescana Trattoria, I learned from other reviews of Residenza Mellini 34. It’s two blocks from the apartment, is a true neighborhood restaurant and is excellent. After a long trip to Rome and jet lag, it was perfect for our first night. The 2nd restaurant Roberto booked for us is Bernini Ristorante in Piazza Navona, just a 15-20 minute walk from the apartment and well worth it!!! (We actually went back there for our last night’s dinner in Rome & the owner Mario was thrilled & we had another remarkable dinner!) Roberto also arranged for our car service from & to the Rome FCO airport, as well as a taxi to take us from the apartment to Rome Termini train station when we did a three-night trip to Sorrento & Amalfi (BTW, we found taxi travel around Rome the most reliable way to travel & the My Taxi app works just like Uber - which effectively doesn’t function there. Plus, you avoid the hassle of crowded buses & pickpockets!). So this all adds up to finding the right apartment with the right owner in the right neighborhood of Rome. We wish we could’ve stayed longer & we were beyond happy with Roberto’s hospitality and advice. We would go back tomorrow if we could! We have given the highest rating possible, but truthfully, if we could, we would rate it with ten stars!!! Grazie mille, Roberto!!!

Apr 26, 2018
Hi Peter thanks for the TEN stars, the same I would do for you, and thank you for the nice compliments, I surely recommend you to the other hosts.
I really hope to meet you again. Ciao Roberto
Kathleen...
“Very clean with a great host”
Reviewed April 14, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We enjoyed our first visit to Rome in this very clean apartment. We were very happy to have an elevator, especially when hauling luggage. We were provided with ample supplies to make meals. We were in walking distance to many of the popular sites. Roberto is a very kind and welcoming gentleman, who arranged our transportation to the apartment from the airport. Grazie mille, Roberto!

Apr 20, 2018
Kathleen and her daughter have been very polite and nice guest, left the house clean and in order so I recommend them to the other host.Ciao Katty e grazie. Roberto
bandb502
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent apartment 10 mins from Spanish Steps”
Reviewed March 23, 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

Clean, well-equipped and very comfortable apartment in a really handy location in the centre of Rome. Facilities were excellent – we certainly welcomed the central heating in a cool week in March – and the owner Roberto couldn't have been more helpful or informative. Just 10 mins walk to the Vatican and 10 mins the other way to the Spanish steps. Handy supermarket and some excellent restaurants close by in an area that was (marginally) less frenetic and crowded than the central part of the city. We'll be coming again!

Mar 27, 2018
Belinda and her husband have been beautiful, I recommend them to the other host. I really hope to see them again. Roberto Michetti
Ian K
New South Wales, Australia
“Wonderful Stay, Great Host”
Reviewed November 9, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

We stayed for 2 weeks in this charming apartment. From the moment we had contact with Roberto he was very accommodating, he organised our transport from and to the airport, a change of sheets and 4 sets of clean towels. He meet us at the apartment, showed us how everything worked and made suggestions for restaurants in the area, nothing was too much trouble. The apartment is located in Prati, a business district in Rome, it’s very quiet and an easy walk to all of the major tourist attractions. The apartment is located on the 3rd floor with a lift for ease of access, it’s at the back of the building so very quiet. It’s a good size apartment with modern inclusions, the bed was comfortable, kitchen spacious and bathroom updated. The rate per night is excellent value for the area and I would highly recommend this apartment to fellow travellers.

Nov 10, 2017
Hi Ian and Debbie, thank you for the nice review, you have ben wonderful guests and I do hope to meet you again in the future, of course I recommend you to the community of Trip-Advisor. Ciao Roberto
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing