“Fantastic service in a great location”
Review of Vivendo

Vivendo
Ranked #4,168 of 12,590 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Description: Vivendo…il Mediterraneo Restaurant embarks guests in a seductive journey to discover the heritage of flavours of Mediterranean cuisine. Our Executive Chef Francesco Donatelli will propose every season a selection of exquisite recipes from countries of Mediterranean Region. The restaurant provides an intimate atmosphere with a contemporary touch. The furniture recalls the 30’s and 40’s style, offering an informal but refined environment, well balanced with The St. Regis Rome, where it is located. Seventy places, an intimate room for 14 guests, the “Champagnerie”, lighting designed to help the diners relax, but at the same time to emphasise the works of culinary art offering products typical of the area combined with intense fragrances and aromas.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We started of the celebration of my father in laws 70 years birtday with drinks in the lobby bar. Great drinks with superb "complimentary snacks"
When we entered the restaurant we were met by the manager. From that moment until the end of the meal he made our evening unforgetable. We have visited many 3 star restaurants, but he is truley one of a kind. Best service ever.
We had a la carte and the pasta we got was one of the best during out 14 days in Italy, only beaten by Osteria Francescana in Modena (3 best in the world)
They have a good wine list and the food modern Italian.
The restaurant is very child friendly and the waiters go a long way to satisfy them both with food and drinks. We highly recommend Vivendo, especially for the outstanding service.

1  Thank Food_traveller32
There are newer reviews for Vivendo

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have always wanted to dine at Vivendo during my stays at the St. Regis and was finally able to during my last visit. It was simply amazing. The dining room is tastefully comfortable, the service attentive but not overbearing, the food...well...that is simply amazing. Dinner for 4 was exceptional. Thank you Michele Di Vico (Restaurant Manager) for making the night one that will be remembered!
I highly recommend Vivendo!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

A really great hotel restaurant staffed with friendly and professional staff - not stuffy 5 Star hotel service as could be expected. Interesting menu with dishes we hadn't experienced outside the hotel. Excellent wine list - if you are Aussie go here just for the list. We had a 1997 Mt Langhi Ghiran for 72 euros!

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We had the tasting menu. You could pick any 3 items and the manager matched them with 3 wines. I don't eat sugar, and 1 choice was supposed to be a desert, but the manager was so nice he let me pick an appetizer, a pasta and a main dish. They were small portions, but each was excellent, and so were the wines. For 75 Euros each, including wine and service, at such an elegant hotel and restaurant, it was a great value, too. I'm sorry we did not eat there last year.

1  Thank sjw125
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had the "Experience Menu" with 4 plates along with the accompanying wines for 100 euros per person. The first dish of crab meat wrapped in thinly sliced raw tuna was very nice and refreshing especially with the large glass of sparkling Prosseco that accompanied it. The second dish of large shrimp with endive was nice, but an accompanying garnish of some type of dried fish paste jelly was too fishy for my taste and I left it untouched. The main dish of mustard glazed lamb loin was succulent. The desert served with a nice muscatto (sweet white wine) was excellent also.

Highly recommend and great service.

Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, Direttore at Vivendo, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Larry P,

thank you for your comment and kind words on Vivendo. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Experience Menu and I appreciate your feedback on it which will help us improving our job.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon.
Kind regards,