“italian restaurant”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We went there for dinner after some suggestions of our friends.
The location is the best in the middle of Trastevere and also the food quality is very high.In our 4 days in Rome this was the best place that we have been. We will return again here if will come back to Rome

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Went for my 40th birthday. Can recommend the seafood in particular, wine list is extensive and very reasonable. Only complaint was the speed with with food was served, I prefer a little more time between courses. Worth a visit

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Maybe we were just younger but we used to like this place much more. Enjoyed the romantic feeling and walks in the area especially after the meal. It always has been an overpriced place but the food was good. Never had problem with the service but lately it has turned into even more of a money making enterprise.
The pastas are good as are other stuff and sitting outside at night, eating and people watching is just great.
I do not know if we will go again but I am thankful for the earlier memories and good times we had.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We chose this restaurant because of its position on a lovely square and because fresh fish were on offer (you choose your fish from the display). While we enjoyed our meal we came away feeling ripped off. Veal milanese - shared starter - was OK. Tasty veal, but it should have been thinner and crispier. We chose a st pierre (John Dory) for main course and it was pretty good, cooked in tomatoes and a hint of chili, but they charged 70 Euros+ for it! Delicious Orvieto wine washed it down. Service was pretty good until we left - when there was no thanks for our custom, which was rich, considering how much we had contributed to their bottom line.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We celebrated our renewed vows at Sabitini's right in the BEAUTIFUL piazza de Santa Maria in Trastevere. Our waiter Andre was great, the food was DELICIOUS and they had the largest wine menu we had ever seen (best bottles of wine my husband and I had in years). Not cheap, but worth EVERY cent and will gladly do it again. The piazza had music and the atmosphere was so darn charming. It was by far THE BEST dinner experience my husband and I had ever had. One of the greatest memories of this trip was the great time he and I had made at Sabitini's in Trastevere.