“real roman food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I lived in Italy for a year in the 1980s, and have been back since then for more than 15 visits. This was one of the best meals of a recent trip. The food is authentically Roman and very well prepared. I was with a group of six, and we had a mix of the antipasti, some pasta, and some meats. There was not one bad dish in the whole group. We sat there for three hours at an outside table and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

So, I'm sorry but I fully disagree with this historic Restaurant

I personally do not accept that they take advantage of their fame and tourists!

Yes yes its an 'historical ok, nice ambient as many of other restaurants in Rome

But no way for two Jewish artichokes € 15!! as a starter
Fried piperno antipasto € 24
Pasta main course (4 ravioli four ravioli EUR 16)
EUR 23 for 2nd dish, a fried cutlet not good € 23! no way!
Decent wine list there are good wines at a good price € 15

I'm sorry but in Rome there is much better at much more' affordable price at this level of EUR 50 per person there are many restaurants much more 'refined food with very elaborate food and excellent service and ambience

just across the Tiber river there is Trastevere many better places at much better prices

Reviewed May 7, 2013

As far as Rome goes this place is par for the course. The food is subpar if your not a local. The artichokes are excellent but the rest of the food is overpriced and average quality. I should have known because this was our second attempt here with the same results.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The restaurant was warmly recommended to me by Romans. But the place is not that great, not that well located and the food is simply average. You can definitely find much better in Roma. The environment is not fantastic

2  Thank GrandBruno
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Located in the Jewish ghetto, it has a family-run restaurant feel to it. This place is about fresh food, tradition and history. Their specialty is artichoke, which I personally never liked before till I visited Piperno. A jump in the past in Rome; tripe, tail and pajata was my favorite of the Roman cuisine; taste and perfume unmistakable.... will be back!