“Good food and average service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante La Rosetta

Ristorante La Rosetta
Reserve with
Ristorante La Rosetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,136 of 12,044 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Soups, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
“Good food and average service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

This famous see food restaurant delivers fresh fish and oysters at the best quality. Expensive.
Very good vine list.
Staff somehow not well organized you have to ask twice and wait long time.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Georg K

• Turkish first
Paris, France
“Undiluted pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were given this address by a friend who used to live in Rome. We ate there on two evenings in six days. We are demanding Parisians who are never afraid to complain. But here there is simply nothing to complain about.This is a fish restaurant for those who like inventive fish. Don't eat pasta just go for fish .. especially the tuna tartare and the wild sea bass....or try the seared langoutines... Everything is fresh, tasty and a pleasure for the palate. In addition the restaurant offers a glass of sparking wine as a welcome plus 'mises en bouche" .. several small fish appetisers all of which are delicious. The coffees come with petits fours.. The waiters are friendly (especially Claudio who has the thankless task of explaining what the various dishes are but who always does so with a smile ..) and the whole atmosphere is pleasant and restful after a hot day in heaving Rome. Of course it is not cheap ... but if like me you buy your fish market-fresh in Paris you will appreciate that this is excellent value for money. Most highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank KINDER P
Prague, Czech Republic
“One of the best places I ever been”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I got there by an advice from locals, when I was trying to find a decent seafood place. And I wasn't disappointed at all, neither was my companion.
The interior is rather normal, nothing special. What makes it really exquisite, is food and service. Absolute high class - oysters, fish, risotto, wine - everything was among the best experience in life, and returning back to hotel we were still able to smell the dessert's amazing aftertaste.
The service deserve special word - the waiters are not just nice and professional, they are higly trained and you can see it in every move.
Of course, the place is a bit pricey, but it has everything that you can expect from the high level restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Caveat Emptor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

An institution in Rome....and clearly with a clientele that likes to eat well. A nice quiet break from the masses of tourists to enjoy a tasty meal.

Such a disappointment.

The food was really quite good and the service was generally also attentive and smiling from the waiter we had.

We had been warned by a fellow foodie and Rome regular that La Rosetta was declining among those who know where to eat.

Three Incidents:
The fact that they undercooked the pasta and we had to send it back- and yes we eat enough Italian food to know the difference between al dente and undercooked. Totally forgivable- mistakes happen- they recooked it and the pasta was delicious. All our dishes were very good.

But here is where I cry foul.

The final bill arrived AND THERE IS NO TOTAL!! This automatically made me suspicious and I started adding everything up....so that I would be sure.

It got worse....we found that the tiramisu was billed at 20Euros instead of 8.....and here's where it got interesting.

When presented with the facts the response we got was that 20Euros was the 'Evening Price' for the tiramisu...not lunch....At which I must say I find this appalling. Increasing the price of desert 250% between lunch and dinner- not acceptable (and frankly sounds like an improbable excuse). Now I was totally suspicious.

But wait...our story gets better.

As we presented facts, the owner/manager (an older lady)- said "Mistakes could happen" (sure)..."It's not like we are trying to steal 12 euros from you...we don't need to do that". Disrespectul and in bad faith....I don't need to know about what she needs or doesnt need to do.

Funnily, the table behind us (Italians) also had some harsh words for the lady (seemed like one of the dishes had a problem- and they were angry Italians).

So to resume:

Foodies warn me to be cautious
The restaurant executes poorly
The billing brings into question their good faith and ethics
Other customers are also complaining (and they arent tourists).

Where there is smoke....there is fire.

While the food is good, I would avoid this place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank LeDude13
California
“Not Just a meal, An Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I t was not just a meal it was an experience. The food was amazing, succulent and flavorful. The service was out of this world and I will definitely go back my next trip to Rome. First the grilled octopus presented on potato medallions was tender, flavorful and scrumptious. It was so fantastic I had to close my eyes and savor the flavor. Amazing!

My next course was the incredible seafood pasta with lobster. The pasta was perfect, the food came piping hot and the seafood was succulent. The lobster was succulent and the meal was a generous portion of seafood that was beautifully displayed on the plate. I enjoyed every bit, prolonging the incredible flavor and enjoyed the experience with pure delight. I was full by this time and forgot I had also ordered fish. The fish was presented, deboned and prepared tableside. Nicely done! The grilled fish melted in my mouth with a hint of fresh ginger mixed perfectly with the natural fresh juices of the fish.

It was exceptional but you will definitely pay handsomely for the experience.. so don’t be shocked by the bill. In this case you get what you pay for…..literally…. but it is worth it if you enjoy succulent, high quality cuisine. Enjoy!

Also the famous Italian Director, Gabriele Salvatores was there eating dinner with his family.

• Visited November 2012