“Something different”

Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed June 12, 2012

If you fancy trying something different in whilst in Rome, you could do a lot worse than paying this delightfully calm and relaxing little restaurant a visit. It's staffed with charming and friendly missionaries who can't do enough to make your meal a success. The food is of a high standard too,with more than a few surprises on the menu. I guarantee that after you've eaten you'll emerge once more into the noisy bustle of Rome refreshed and invigorated from your experience.
Oh and don't worry,- there's all the usual wines and beers on offer!

1  Thank I G
There are newer reviews for L'Eau Vive

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Homemade gnocchi and pumpkin soup with a capella choir. The acoustics of this lovely and quaint restaurant are fabulous. The food is wonderfully made by hand and the staff is quick and efficient. Look for the white globes that mark the doorway. Stop and share the heavenly food and the welcoming atmosphere.

2  Thank Darbydog6
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We came to know about this restaurant from our guide books. So booked a table for 8.30pm so that we could enjoy the 'singing nuns'. The meal was good home cooked food with a nice house red and a great change from pizza restaurants. If you go with the understanding that this is a charity and do not expect 5 star food you will have a wonderful evening served by very friendly and polite nuns finishing off with everyone singing Ava Maria.

1  Thank G4_Julie
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I ate here with my partner on a recent visit to Rome. It's one for those in search of an experience different from the usual restaurant night out.
The food was tasty and homely, although it's worth noting that we ate out elsewhere for a similar cost but was much more of a 'fine dining' experience. However, L'Eau Vive offers so much more than a plate of beautifully presented food. The dishes may come out looking a little like supper at your Nans, but does your Nan sing Ave Maria and give a ballet recital after dinner?
The waitresses were attentive and even if it's a little bit amateur, it's truly heart warming if taken in the spirit in which it was intended. I loved it. I would definitely try the Paris version next time I'm there, don't be put off if I sound a little underwhelmed by it, I dont mean to, it was affirming and delightful. Go see for yourself. '

2  Thank kirstylizz
Reviewed April 19, 2012

L'Eau Vive should be enjoyed with the understanding of the philanthropic mission of the nuns operating it. The location near the Pantheon is ideal. During a visit by my wife, my 14 year old granddaughter, and myself we were attentively served a good meal at a very reasonable price. The choices were good and the wine list nicely full. While there was nothing notable to me about the physical setting, the presence of a bishop or two and their guests at nearby tables and the singing of Ave Maria by all of us, patrons and staff, provided a satisfying atmosphere of community. In short, worth a visit when considering the context ... out of that context, well ... maybe.

1  Thank RSIsen