“IVO a Trastevere - Bellissimo !”
Review of Ivo

Ivo
Reserve with
Ivo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,175 of 13,754 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Cant say enough nice things about Pizzeria IVO in Trastevere (Via San Francesco a Ripa158).
One of the few Trastevere restaurants which didnt frown when they saw us approaching with two young children for dinner @ 7.30pm. (Others had informed us that the tables were 'reserved' once they saw young children, or wanted to hide us away in some lonely table inside). We were immediately shown to a table outside, which was exactly what we wanted, and ordered the 4 most mouth watering pizzas that we have eaten in Rome in a long time. Excellent house wine and desserts also, and a fantastic waiter with a great sense of humour (Massimo). If only the service at all Roman restaurants was so nice ! Highly recommended and we will definitely be back. Unmissable.

6  Thank Ireland4dummies
Write a ReviewReviews (1,913)

Reviewed September 12, 2010

great traditional Roman food, and not such a touristy place at all. we tried desperately to go to places where locals eat, and this seemed to be the case here. But mostly the food was great, and the atmosphere sitting outside was vibrant and fun.

3  Thank bobnones
Reviewed August 16, 2010

A Monday night, and the restaurant was packed. 25 waiters hovering around the place, and not one could give me a straight answer as to when I could get a table.... for 1 person! One even shook his head and said 'I don't know, wait if you want.' Eventually I was rudely asked to go to some remote and overly stuffy corner of the place and again wait to be seated. Eventually, the same guy pointed in the direction of a table, so I sat. I waited 15 minutes for the menu, another 15 minutes to order. Luckily I had an interesting book with me, although the reading experience was disturbed by the waiters screaming out orders whenever pizzas were ready... and by screaming I mean earth-shatterlingly loud. My simple order of a salad and a pizza was eventually taken. The salad, after asking 4 waiters, arrived. Boring!! I asked for balsamic and olive oil, and the salad was probably already digested by the time that showed up. The pizza took a looooonnng time! I even got up and told a waiter I'm leaving, he said, "sure, go ahead.", then when he saw the pizza coming, he coaxed me to sit. The pizza was underdone, over-salted, and pretty terrible I must say, and slammed down on my table.
I was recommended this place, so had some pretty good expectations. Even reviews here seemed to be good. But extremely disappointed overall. Completely not worth my last night in Italy. There are far far better places for Roman style pizza.

7  Thank rishidalal
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Maisons-Alfort, France
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Tasty pizzas ! Very good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Well worth a visit ...

A great spot, their pizza's are excellent. I would highly recommend Calzone's ...

A super spot, I went there twice last week. The service was a little slow but excellent atmosphere (full of locals), great food and very cheap.

Been to Ivo? Share your experiences!