“Amazing Location, Amazing Apartment!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Entrance
Stairs
Livingroom and corridor
Tea/Coffee facilities
Micowave and TV in the kitchen
VIA RASELLA
TRITONE FOUNTAIN AT PIAZZA BARBERINI
MUSEUM PALAZZO BARBERINI
VIEW FROM THE PINCIO AT VILLA BORGHESE
THE PONTE VECCHIO - BROKEN BRIDGE
SCULTURE AT PIAZZA NAVONA
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Shivers25...
Galway
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed November 10, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I booked this holiday rental based on the good reviews on Trip Advisor, particularly the good comments about Caterina who seemed to have been a very welcoming and accommodating host. When I initially enquired about the booking in September Caterina asked me for details of when we would arrive and I told her that our flight got into Ciampino airport at 10.30am local time. She said that we would probably arrive into Rome about an hour after that and, if the apartment was not yet vacated and ready for our arrival, we could meet her there to drop off our bags so that we could start our tour straight away.
However, when I emailed again a couple of days before our trip in November to finalise details I dealt with somebody called Davide. I asked him what time we could meet to drop off our bags. He 'reminded' me that check-in was 3pm. I told him about the agreement with Caterina. He told me that Caterina had sold the apartment and made it clear that it would be inconvenient for him to meet us before check in time and that he would have to send somebody and it would cost us 20 euro for that service. I told him that we didn't want to have to pay extra so it was fine and we would wait until 3pm. He finally came back to say he could do us a favour by meeting us there at 1pm and wouldn't charge us but at that point I felt annoyed at his attitude and how he was making us feel like a problem so I told him it was fine and we would stick with 3pm. We arrived into Rome at 11.30am and spent the next few hours looking around while carrying our luggage.
We met a woman at the apartment at 3pm who gave us the keys and brought us to the apartment on Davide's behalf. She was very pleasant but we didn't really get any information about the apartment (hot water etc) but she did mark a few places of interest nearby. We did manage to find better restaurants on our own though!
The hot water stopped working on the second day but luckily my husband was able to figure it out and get it working. However, to be fair, Davide did text to say that I could text him with any questions.
We were leaving on the saturday night on a flight at 9.10pm and unfortunately, we were told that our checkout was at 10am which is very early considering the very late check in time. I asked if we could leave our bags for a few hours and again, this was also a problem as Davide said he had guests arriving at 11am and they would need both sets of keys so he couldn't facilitate us. He also offered to organise a taxi for us to the airport for 60 euro! I told him that we had paid less than 50 euro from the airport into Rome so then he said he could organise it for 50 euro. As it happens we managed to get one ourselves for 30 euro so he was charging us twice the fixed rate. At that point I didn't even reply as I was just so annoyed. After spending nearly 600 euro on the apartment for 3 nights and with him having been so unaccommodating about our luggage, he was trying to overcharge us for a taxi as well!
The apartment itself was spacious, clean and comfortable with wifi also available. However, the double room was quite noisy as it has a window overlooking a street so we were woken quite a few times by traffic and people walking outside. The windows are not very good quality and not double glazed so even when closed with the shutters over them it is quite noisy.
The apartment has no other proper windows so is quite dark.
It is in a good location being just a short walk from the Trevi fountain.
It was a good place to stay for sightseeing but I am sure there are others equally good. Unfortunately our experience with Davide was not as good as it should have been and cast a shadow on the whole experience.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Nov 30, 2016
Dear sihoban thank you for coming. As written in the rules the check in is at 3pm and check out at 10 am because we need the time to clean the apartment for the next client as you found it.
About early and late check in has an extra cost because we can not accept other clients for that date and we have to close the date in the calendar, for your security we can not allow to leave the luggage inside the apartment because we never know the clients that arrive and if you will miss somenthing from your luggage could be a problem and your flight was at 9pm and I could not say to the other guest to have a check in after 9pm. The apartment is located in the private street zone traffic limited of the Quirinale with 2 guardians and it is very quite and security 100%.
We prefer to use professional taxi because can guarantee 100% the service and not private as uber because we always offer high quality of service to our clients , because we can not risk that they lose their flight and the clients always decide if to reserve it or not.
It was a pleasure have you as guest. Next time that you will came you will get a discount
Have a nice day
Davide
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Lack of natural light
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Dear Liam,

wow! A so long review. Thanks a lot for the time that you dedicated to write it:-)
I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay in the apartment and that you liked the facilities and the central position.
Regarding the few natural light, yes, it is a shame that in 1 bedroom there is the window up in the wall with few light but in the same time it ensures the total quiet that is very important after a day in the crowded streets of our city. Everybody can easly sleep, far from the noise.

Regarding the sofa corner in the living room, I think this is a wonderful suggestion (and there is enough space to put some more sofa)

Thanks a lot for this review and for your helpful suggestion.

Warm Regards,
KarenC-US...
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Great Apartment in a Perfect location”
Reviewed October 22, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Everything was exactly as described. The apartment, the location, how helpful the owners were - despite our six hour delay !!
Certainly made our Rome city-break much more enjoyable, Walking distance to every attraction - less than ten minutes walk to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain, twenty minutes to the Colosseum and the Pantheon. No need for public transport. Shops, restaurants - even a supermarket - all in easy walking distance.
Really was the ideal location - made for a superb few days .....

Traveling group: Young Children
Hello Dear Karen,
thanks for your review.
I'm glad that you liked the apartment and the strategical position and that everything "made for a superb few days" so I hope that you can stay here again in a near future:-)

Warm Regards,
Elizabeth...
“Feel like a Roman in this wonderful place.”
Reviewed October 14, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Caterina was a wonderful host who gave us all the help we needed. The apartment is perfectly positioned and although bustling Rome is right outside the door, it was quiet and comfortable to come home to. Metro, taxis and many major attractions close by. Frescoes on the walls, interesting artwork and very clean. I would definitely stay again.

Friends getaway Families with young children
Hi Dears,
it is very nice to read your review and I thank you a lot for your kind words.
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and mostly that you would definitely stay again.

So I wait for you in a near future:-)

rami1963
israel
“Great Place”
Reviewed October 9, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Great apartment. Amazing location - few minutes walk from main attractions and Metro. The host is lovely lady. She welcome us with map, tips and a big smile.

Bathroom cleanliness
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 11, 2016
Dear Rami,
thanks a lot for your review. It is nice to hear that you liked my location and that you could walk everywhere from there.

I hope to welcome you in a near future again.
Sheila J
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment excellent location.”
Reviewed September 21, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

This is in an excellent location, close to a metro station and within walking distance of most attractions. It is also very quiet and relaxing place to return to to rest, with very efficient air conditioning! Caterina was very welcoming and helpful, as it was our first visit to Rome her map with directions was very useful.

Liked best: Location
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway
Sep 22, 2016
Hello Dears,
thanks for sharing your experience with other guests. I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you relaxed and you liked the position and comfort of the aparment. It is nice to read that I have been helpful and my information were good.
Wish you to come back soon and I'm looking forward to welcoming you again in a future.
Sharon M
“What a find!”
Reviewed August 21, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We were so pleased to have booked this apartment. It is so central to all the attractions: Metro Barberini is up the hill about 5 minutes walk and the Trevi fountain is down the hill, about 10 minutes walk. It was immaculately clean, very well catered and the amount of space you get in the the middle of Rome is amazing. My daughters couldn't believe their luck to have, not only to have their own bedroom, but their own bathroom and a playroom up on the mezzanine floor! There is occasional traffic noise from the lane behind the building which can be heard in the master bedroom but considering the central location, it is so, so quite, great to get back to after a long hot day walking around the sights. The lovely Diana met us on arrival and spent time with us showing us a map of Rome and highlighting routes etc, and Caterina and Massimo called in later in the week after their holiday to introduce themselves. Lovely people and lovely place, it felt like a home from home.

Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Sep 2, 2016
Dear Sharon,
thanks a lot for such enthusiastic review.
I'm glad you liked the Trevispagna Charme Apartment for the position and the comfort and I'm happy your doughters could play in the mezzanino floor (that is the favourite place for kids).
We all were placed to meet you and we hope to welcome you again in a near future.
Thanks a lot,
Caterina
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing