“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Alla Rampa

Alla Rampa
Ranked #2,618 of 13,226 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've been to Rome four times and this is one of the best meals I've had in Rome. It was my second time here. ( didn't realize I had been here before till I went inside and saw the antipasti/buffet set up) it was 15 years ago. With that said. We sat outside. Was a beautiful day. And we started with a Caprese salad. Was good not the best I've had. Next I had a pasta dish with fresh tomato,fresh mozzarella and basil. It was excellent. Loved it. Came home and made it. Of course it wasn't as good. Only problem I had is all the people smoking outside. They have nonsmoking inside. So I knew that before I sat outside.

1  Thank djv714
Write a ReviewReviews (2,386)

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just had a terrific meal with the family at Alla Rampa. Decided to have a late evening meal and after some wondering around from our hotel we stumbled across Alla Rampa, after looking at the menu and constant people coming and going decided to give it a go. We were not disappointed and enjoyed a very tasty meal. Plan to visit again before we leave Rome.

1  Thank Craig J
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have visited the Rest. Alla Rampa the first time in 1974 and since that time I have during my yearly rome vistit at least one dinner, normaly more at the Rest.alla Rampa.
The food is traditionell and great, the waiters are friendly...and they have still the best Tiramisu in town.

1  Thank DieterHoffmann
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our tour guide. We were first seated on the patio but there was not air flow on a hot day and several people smoking near our table so they graciously moved us inside. The waiter did not speak much English but did get help to get our order. He was a little abrupt but that may have been a little frustration dealing with the language issue. I feel that since tourism is their main income these restaurants need to assign English speaking waiters. My risotto was not cooked long enough and was therefore crunchy :(. I ordered chips and they came just before the bill so we all ate them. My friends did not remark with ohhhhs and ahhhs but they cleaned their plates. Maybe this was one time I ordered the wrong dish. Many people were eating from a large salad bar selection. Nicely decorated and quick service. They say they don't take credit but corrected that they do accept credit now. Give them a chance if your near the Spanish Steps.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel. It disappointed us in every way. The food, the wine, and the service were all poor at best. One person in our party didn't get their appetizer - when it finally came out (after the rest of us were done) the spinach salad was made with cooked spinach. The waiter "forgot" to put in the dinner orders for two others in our party. The house wine (normally outstanding in Italy) was poor. Overall just a waste of time and money. When you have limited time in Rome you hope for great meals...this was not one.