“A culinary experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ponte
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

We visited yesterday Il convivio Troiani for dinner. The ambiance is a bit calm, too calm but the food is really good. Even the table decoration is edible! The plates seem small but they are actually filling. Go for the fish and burrata as an entree and/or the octopus and for the main you should definitely try the rabbit. The chef came to our table as well to ask about the food. We didn't leave empty handed... They gave us a small surprise to take home with us for breakfast :)

2  Thank cach84
Write a reviewReviews (744)

Reviewed August 19, 2016

My daughter and I chose this restaurant in our hunt for octopus carpaccio... Well they do not have it, BUT! We arrived at the address to see a modest sign, and an imposing door. Ringing the bell, the door then opened a crack... " can I help you?" "please, we do not have reservations, but would like to have dinner", " Have you seen the menu?!!" I am not one to be intimidated! and we had seen it - we thought!
The BEST dinner we had in 3 weeks in Italy... exquisite atmosphere.. maybe ten white linen draped tables, small rooms, and fabulous service. Dinner for 2 plus wine dessert and coffee..E 200. A great price for the quail and rabbit entrees that were DIVINE!..

1  Thank JuliatxRealtor
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Came for my birthday in January, my most enjoyed and memorable tasting menu yet. Beautiful food, incredible service, attention to every detail was spot on, a masterclass in service and cooking, thank you!

1  Thank Andy L
Reviewed August 8, 2016

My wife and I recently dined at this restaurant, and it was a fantastic, unique experience. Like many Michelin-starred places, this restaurant offers a sumptuous tasting menu and a staggering wine selection. I think that is par for the course. What stood out to me was the service, style, and general courtesy. Many places are going to offer delicious, unique food and creative presentation - but not all will offer a warm, welcoming atmosphere that isn't snobby.

We both had the tasting menu, which I would definitely recommend. We aren't huge drinkers so we did not do the wine pairing. Instead, we opted for a bottle of 2004 Barbaresco, which was amazing. The sommelier is extremely helpful and willing to work with those who, like me, frankly don't know very much about wine. My wife and I also like very different flavors, so it took some work on his part to come up with a good bottle, in our price range, that would suit our varied palates. I genuinely admired his patience with us.

The food itself was creative and tasty, very interesting pairings of flavor that expanded my gastronomic imagination. I vividly recall the zucchini flower appetizer and the guinea fowl main. Wonderful all around. The dessert was particularly wonderful, not overly sweet but a fragrant and flavorful watermelon gelato-based dish that my wife - again, a tough customer as she does not have a sweet tooth at all - really liked.

The atmosphere is fun and lively, and although we were there on the early side (8:00), the place filled up quickly and was still lively when we left around 10:30. The wait staff is attentive and courteous, and they take the time to explain every course as it is being served. The chef came out periodically to say hello to diners, which I always think is a nice touch.

The price tag is high, even for restaurants of its kind. Our tab, with the wine and tip, came to about $500. By far the most expensive meal of our Europe trip, and we dined at another Michelin starred place in France. But I felt this was worth it. It's not an everyday meal, of course, and we treated it as basically an anniversary dinner. I felt we got a very memorable meal for the price, and I'd recommend it strongly.

Date of visit: July 2016
3  Thank Saurav G
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

i've visited the restaurant at dinner and taken the tasting menu.
i think it is a very good restaurant as expected. the price is a little bit high, but the food is nice and service is also warmful. the various wine list may satisfy all people. it is the restaurant i want to visit again.

저녁에 가서 테이스팅메뉴를 먹었습니다. 기대했던대로 음식은 매우 맛있었고 다시 한 번 방문할 가치가 있는 식당이에요. 가격이 다소 비싸기는 하지만 값어치를 하는 것 같습니다.

Date of visit: July 2016