“A=average for this restaurant. The food was okay but we spent about $200 euros here thus, very over priced. I think, the menu wa”

Il Convivio Troiani
Reserve with
Il Convivio Troiani is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #803 of 12,672 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I think Rick Steve's may have recommended this place but not sure which review I read that said, "If you want traditional food in Rome this is it." Anyway, menu was limited and food was okay. Our bill came and it was about 200 euros! I would say, pass on this place.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our worse meal in Rome turned out being the most expensive. In every major city we visit, we splurge on one great, over-the-top dining experience. This is one of those throw-back restaurants where form over substance matters. Meaning, staff is well trained to provided synchronized service but the food, which must be the main event, is below average, especially for the prices they are demanding. I felt as if the restaurant was attempting to be elegantly French, both in service and food preparation. Mais non! I have no issue with paying for a fine dining experience, but sadly this restaurant did not meet our expectations. Perhaps in the 1980's or 90's this was a great place. However, today this dining experience is one I look forward to forget. I hope they reevaluate this restaurant style and focus on great, fresh, Italian cuisine and less on formalities.

3  Thank Tony R
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had dinner here recently and to be perfectly honest there wasn’t anything on the menu that had the wow factor. Perhaps the restaurant being empty should have provided a clue!
Surprisingly my four companions felt the same and two of them are real foodies who have probably eaten in most of the top Michelin Star Restaurants throughout Europe.
Consequently we opted for the tasting menu but did not take all of the dishes. Probably it was the monkfish tripe that gave us the signal to stop. Unfortunately the different dishes and tastes did not blend seamlessly.
The waiting staff are professional, the restaurant is comfortable but the experience was underwhelming

2  Thank Bonissim
Reviewed May 12, 2013

A friend recommended this restaurant and we were excited to try it. Food was good, but not great. Wine was good. Many people running around serving, but seemed stuffy - very formal. Not friendly.

2  Thank beandy342
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you can dig deep (expensive) and splash out on one special meal in Rome then this restaurant is a must.
The food and service are impeccable and the ambience a sheer delight.

1  Thank Julia B