“Again Top at Camponeschi”

Ristorante Camponeschi
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Ristorante Camponeschi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,532 of 12,594 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Every year, since 11 years, one a year, when we are in Rome, we have Dinner at the Rest. Camponeschi. Last week again, and again this Restaurant, the warm welcome, the ambiance, the food, the camponeschi wine, the personal service, etc is absolute top.
Danke und thank you for the nice evening

1  Thank DieterHoffmann
There are newer reviews for Ristorante Camponeschi

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Im an architect and a civil engineer from Malta....so eating in Piazza Farnese looking at one of Michelangelos façades was quite an event. several classy compatriots recommended this restaurant...for location and fine dining.....we chose a table al fresco....I went in to have a look also in the inside...very lush......I immediately made friends with the staff especially Mr Anwar......we had a perfect meal, fantastically matched wines and later discovered the adjacent wine bar belonging to the same restaurant......we danced and sang all night and had the pleasure of meeting the handsome owner Mr Alessandro ..........we felt light and not tired which says a lot about the ingredients considering we finished eating at one am....

My wife and I go to Rome every year....we religiously book Camponeschi, then choose other restaurants. We reserve Saturday night always to Camponeschi ....we love these people now so don't go because of my comments....go and try it and enjoy a michellin star meal at far more decent prices.....the piazza, their service and friendship come free with the dining experience.....true Italian class

1  Thank colinzammit
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I were looking forward to this evening with very good reviews of this restaurant located in the Piazza Farnese, We were graciously led into one of the small dining areas into a very romantic and charming space, rather intimate.The restaurant does have dining outdoors with a view to the Piazza, which at the time we arrived seemed virtually empty. We almost always eat inside preferring the intimacy and tranquility; we can concentrate on the food and not the traffic.
My starter was a pate de Fois Gras, unimaginativly served, dry melba toast and a curl of butter, no relish of any kind, not a drop of fig jam, not my idea of a great start. My wife started with a delicious seasonal, chicory salad. From this point on it was down hill! My dish of shrimp and rice was on a par with Red Lobster, a USA chain restaurant. My wife's chicken was so dry it could neither be cut nor chewed, the mashed potatoes were boring as instant. We were so disappointed that we didn't even bother to send it back.The service was exceedingly professional but showed no concern when they left with our full plates! We never pass up a peek at the desert menu at the conclusion of a meal. We did not even bother here. I cannot understand that a restaurant of this caliber could possibly think to serve such a meal, which was certainly not cheap. A valuable evening of good dining was lost here.

4  Thank fluefiskermarietta
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I will start with the positive....the atmosphere. The restaurant is a block away from Pizza Farnese which is bustling with nightlife and energy. The restaurant overlooks a beautiful fountain and is very romantic. There is even a guitar player serenading while you eat. We sat outside and the weather was perfect. Now the downside...the food! I had the carbonara and veal milanese and both were bland with no flavor. My husband sent back his seafood pasta and barely ate the steak. We were so disappointed in the food that we skipped dessert. The other downside...the prices! We paid half the price at other restaurants for far better food. It was very overpriced. We told our hotel to stop recommending this restaurant.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate here on a whim, without checking the menu first. The service was attentive (but we were the only diners for the majority of the time). However, the food was really overpriced - starters were about E15-20, mains E25-30 and desserts E15. We enjoyed the chateaubriand, which came with 4 chips each (admittedly big fat ones, stacked in a pretty pattern, which were slightly undercooked), and a dollop of bernaise sauce. The sauce was lovely, but they didn't leave the jug on the table, so there wasn't an option to have more. No vegetables provided (they probably needed to be ordered separately). Desserts were disappointing and very expensive for what they were (two of our party had profiteroles, and they were quite dissatisfied as felt they had probably previously been frozen, and were not the correct texture and consistency). The bill came to E200 for our party of 4 (we didn't have starters), and it wasn't the best meal we had in Rome, though it was the most expensive.

Been to Ristorante Camponeschi? Share your experiences!