“Best pigeon I have ever had”
Review of Antico Arco

Antico Arco
Ranked #489 of 13,747 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed July 2, 2017

Antico Arco is up on a hill and has a very romantic setting. We were lucky to get a reservation and were not disappointed with the service but most of all the quality of the food. The absolute standout for me was the pigeon entree which has to be one of the best pigeons if not the best - succulent, perfectly cooked and bursting with flavour. Each bite was better than the last. The service was of course excellent as you would expect from a restaurant of this calibre and the desserts and mains were wonderful too. My husband ordered a wine and a grappa that were almost out so did not have enough for a full glass so the sommelier recommended a few others to compensate. Antico Arco is fine-dining so it is pricey but it is also well worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed June 21, 2017

My family was staying at the nearby Villa Magnolia so we had a lunch and dinner here. Excellent fine dining in decent portions. Since we ordered a variety of dishes, they even kindly gave A a small portion of B's dish and vice versa. And at the end when we said we were too full for dessert, they still served us a little tasting of their sweet, which was just the morsel we needed. Also served us all amuse-bouche.

Their dishes are delicious and interesting. We had cerviche risotto, beef & sausage, open kebabs, duck and a few others we lost track of. All good.

Reviewed June 12, 2017

My wife and I have been coming to the restaurant for years. We always try to book it for each visit to Rome.

1  Thank Awb7bar
Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

If you don't mind taking a cab ride to Piazzale Aurelio, then you will be rewarded by Italian contemporary cuisine at its best! The tasting menu is highly recommended as it gives a spin to some of the best dishes of the menu. Some of the dishes were absolutely outstanding (such as the amber jack tartare, lime, ginger and asparagus, the tomato soup with ricotta mousse and crispy basil breadcrumbs, the spaghetti Verrigni with carbonara sauce and black truffle and the creamy roman caciotta cheese, with turnips crumble and slightly spicy honey). Desserts were equally good, particularly the Primavera (almond biscuit, compotes of strawberries and celery, white chocolate and lime) was standing out! We accompanied our meal with an Italian Gewürztraminer wine from Alto Adige which it was excellent at a very reasonable price. Service couldn't be more friendly and efficient.

2  Thank demnicol
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

I don't need to write much as the other reviews have touched on almost everything about this place already. The atmosphere is everything, I absolutely loved it .

I called and set up reservations for My girlfriend and I to dine during the evening. Once we arrived, we were seated quickly, and the atmosphere was pleasantly soothing. The service was attentive and the food came within reasonable time.

Soft classical music played as we indulged ourselves in the tastiest food you can imagine, leaving room for dessert. We washed it all down with some wine and they even asked if we needed a taxi once we finished .

Amazing service .

1  Thank JeanBaptiste111

Been to Antico Arco? Share your experiences!