“Romantic dinner”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed March 18, 2013

we went to Antico Arco for a romantic dinner. We really care about food and we wanted a super good place and a nice location. We were totally satisfied: a great care in the ingredients and a careful service made our experience unique. I had a tasty beef tartare with foie gras and my girlfrien tried a delicious raw amberjack fish with lime and ginger. Price is a little high but it worth the value.

There are newer reviews for Antico Arco

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Having had a run of three nights eating at trattoria around the Pantheon , we spent a long time on Tripadvisor trying to choose a special restaurant for our final night in Rome . Antico Arco proved to be the perfect choice .
A taxi ride up the steep hills of Trastevere brought us to this welcoming and smartly decorated establishment . We were virtually the only diners for the first hour or so . White smoke had gone up at 7.15 pm and (as the friendly front of house man explained ) all of their local clientele had rushed down the hill to the Vatican to see the new Pope Francis emerge for the first time !
We opted for the 7 course taster menu . Every single course was in the "very good" to "superb" category . If pressed to pick the best course I would have to choose the pork belly caramelised with honey and apple crumble , closely followed in the rankings by crispy duck leg with sauteed artichoke and foie gras .
At 75 euros a head this was good value for the gastronomy displayed throughout .
Why no Michelin star ? Whilst this was not something that bothered me in the slightest , the Michelin inspectors might downgrade the place for the slightly casual attire of some of the staff and the uneven length of the breaks between courses .

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had lunch at Antico Arco today at the recommendation of Aussie friends who had been there last year. As a meal on my last day here in Rome, I believe I couldn't have done better.

I made a reservation online and the management got back to me within 24 hours with a confirmation. I took a taxi from Via Cavour (and back) and both taxi drivers charged me around 11euro. It's a little bit out of the way, so taxi is the best way to get there for out-of-towners.

The service was lovely, a very fluent English-speaking Italian waiter and they have an English menu. The waiter struck the right balance between leaving me in peace and attentively looking after my needs. Lots of other TA reviewers have raved about the menu, so I won't repeat their comments, except to say "DON'T miss the pork belly"... it was divine.

And my chocolate dessert was gorgeous! The waiter also suggested my wine and he chose brilliantly.

And then I went for a lovely stroll to one of the best views of Rome.

Perfect last day and I'll definitely put Antico Arco in my restaurant list for future trips to Rome.

1  Thank lindasydney1
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Three for dinner.. two adults and a foodie styled 13 year old who picked the venue after internet research.. We tend to dine in nice restaurants most cities that we visit.. We each ordered two courses plus dessert.. My husband and I were given tasting portions of each other's pasta. My son had the pork belly as well as the house made ravioli... He is raving about both. I had the the king prawn ragu pasta along with the crusted lamb.. My husband the house made ravioli as well as the tenderloin tower... All delish.. Dessert enjoyed by all but not pronouceable.

No criticisms and plans already to come back..

Please note... this was a family visit.. but suitable only for older well behaved children..

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I recently spent three nights in Rome on a long weekend getaway. Based on reviews from tripadvisor and other cites (e.g., New York Times, CNN), we made reservations for Antico Arco for our last night dinner. It was excellent, simply excellent. The restaurant has a lovely, somewhat romantic decor. The staff were superb. And the food was by far our best meal in Rome. My husband feels it was the best meal of his life. While I only had two courses (the risotto and veal saltimbocca - both delicious), my husband did the 7 course tasting menu. Several days later he is still talking about how delicious the meal was. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Rome. The only caveat is it is a bit far away from other touristy areas of Rome (we were staying near Tremini station) and it is quite a bit of a walk - much of which is extremely uphill. My husband and I are avid walkers so we walked both directions (about 45 minutes each way), but the hills were tough at points (especially in dress shoes!) and it is easy to get lost at night. I would recommend a taxi next time. Overall, an excellent restaurant not to be missed.