“not to be missed” 5 of 5 bubbles

Antico Arco
Ranked #207 of 12,044 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Monteverde
“not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I recently spent three nights in Rome on a long weekend getaway. Based on reviews from tripadvisor and other cites (e.g., New York Times, CNN), we made reservations for Antico Arco for our last night dinner. It was excellent, simply excellent. The restaurant has a lovely, somewhat romantic decor. The staff were superb. And the food was by far our best meal in Rome. My husband feels it was the best meal of his life. While I only had two courses (the risotto and veal saltimbocca - both delicious), my husband did the 7 course tasting menu. Several days later he is still talking about how delicious the meal was. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Rome. The only caveat is it is a bit far away from other touristy areas of Rome (we were staying near Tremini station) and it is quite a bit of a walk - much of which is extremely uphill. My husband and I are avid walkers so we walked both directions (about 45 minutes each way), but the hills were tough at points (especially in dress shoes!) and it is easy to get lost at night. I would recommend a taxi next time. Overall, an excellent restaurant not to be missed.

• Visited March 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Tucson, Arizona
“Snazzy restaurant; great cuisine; higher prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

A lovely restaurant with "inspired-by-Italy" food; you're not going to get a plate of Amatriciana here. In a lovely location---you can get an aperitivo before at the Piazza Garibaldi and look over the city while the lights come on (or take a walk after to help get your food digesting).

The service is fantastic; the place is a bit small, so make sure you reserve well in advance. Prices are higher than your normal Roman restaurant, but it is definitely a high-end place and they are not out of line for this level of food.

The menu is innovative and interesting. You should definitely discuss it with your waiter as the descriptions of the dishes are not going to tell you the whole story.

Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Class meal on Valentines Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was not cheap but was probably the best meal I've ever had!! The staff were so friendly and also spoke good English. If you want something extra special then would definitely recommend - make sure you get a taxi though as its quite a trek!

1 Thank B S
London
“7 course taste experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We recently dined at Antico Arco for my girlfriends 30th birthday on our hotels recommendation and we were not disappointed. The restaurant has a cool modern feel without feeing pretentious, located on a hill above the city so you will need to get a taxi. From the minute we arrived the staff were incredibly friendly and very attentive. We opted for the 7 course taster menu which proved to be good value for money at €75 as the portions were very generous. The wine list is extensive so the waiter recommended a well priced bottle of Pinot Grigio which was excellent. The savory highlight was the pork belly with apple crumble and to finish my girlfriend described her chocolate souffle as 'perfect'. On the whole a very good evening and i would definitely recommend if you are looking for fine dining without Michelin Star prices.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had the lamb and am still thinking about it 4 months later... Very nice ambiance and staff was very insightful..

Visited September 2012