“7 course taste experience”
Review of Antico Arco

Antico Arco
Ranked #231 of 12,760 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We recently dined at Antico Arco for my girlfriends 30th birthday on our hotels recommendation and we were not disappointed. The restaurant has a cool modern feel without feeing pretentious, located on a hill above the city so you will need to get a taxi. From the minute we arrived the staff were incredibly friendly and very attentive. We opted for the 7 course taster menu which proved to be good value for money at €75 as the portions were very generous. The wine list is extensive so the waiter recommended a well priced bottle of Pinot Grigio which was excellent. The savory highlight was the pork belly with apple crumble and to finish my girlfriend described her chocolate souffle as 'perfect'. On the whole a very good evening and i would definitely recommend if you are looking for fine dining without Michelin Star prices.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had the lamb and am still thinking about it 4 months later... Very nice ambiance and staff was very insightful..

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We dined at this restaurant for my fiances 30th birthday on Sunday evening and from beginning to end the experience was superb. The booking process was simple even when I moved the reservation back an hour on the day. The service was wonderful, attentive but unobtrusive. The wine list is extensive but the staff were incredibly helpful. Finally the food was just spectacular! The pork belly with apple crumble was without a doubt one of the best dishes we have ever tasted. The cherry on top was the birthday cake brought out to my fiance at the end of the meal - a lovely touch as I had mentioned the birthday when booking but this was entirely unprompted. We would definitely dine here when we return to Rome.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I dined at this restaurant last night with my husband, and the meal was superb. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, and very helpful with menu and wine choices. The tasting menu was impressive, particularly the rigatoni with truffle ( the most truffle I have ever seen on a plate of food), and the chocolate soufflé cake was spectacular.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This restaurant was higly recommended by a friend, but it turned to be a bad trip. The food was quite "normal" and the service was incredibly slow. It took 2:30h to order and eat an starter and a pasta. I had to gave up the desert or I would have to wait for another hour.

1  Thank Ruben A