“Disappointing”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This restaurant was higly recommended by a friend, but it turned to be a bad trip. The food was quite "normal" and the service was incredibly slow. It took 2:30h to order and eat an starter and a pasta. I had to gave up the desert or I would have to wait for another hour.

1  Thank Ruben A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The only reason I am giving this place a four instead of a five is that my wife, my daughter (who is living in Rome this year) and I just dropped by for a very light dinner (one course). Therefore it's hard to make a major judgment on one pasta dish. But if I would, I thin this place is outstanding. I had the Roman speciality of cacio pepe, basically a simple dish of pasta, cheese and black pepper (as rustic as one can get) but done magnificently. My daughter had a thick lentil soup (this was during the Christmas holidays and lentisl are, in Italian folklore supposed to bring you luck). It was excellent. My wife had a tuna carpaccio which was also very good. The wine list was fine, with very nice choices. The service was outstanding, even when they realized we were not going to be big spenders. The area has one of the most beautiful views of Rome that can be found. We are looking forward to the time when we can try to whole menu and boost our rating.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Anyone who loves Italian food should not miss out on this!

I'm sure there are plenty of excellent Italian restaurants in Rome, but so far, this is EASILY the best restaurant experience I've ever had anywhere in the world.

We visited Antico Arco with my girlfriend on our trip to Rome, and I have a habit of trying to pick out some better rated restaurant serving local cuisine from most places we visit, and through internet research this was our choice. Couldn't be happier!

From the fantastic Amuse-bouche (some kind of vegetable/fruit-octopus soup) to the fantastic Chocolate fondante everything was prepared, served and delivered in the best imaginable way. Both of our entrées (we both had veal) were cooked to perfection, and the wine's the staff recommended were one's of the best I've ever had the pleasure of tasting.

Also the service was superb, the Italian fellows were very friendly and always taking care we were happy, and I even chatted with one of the guys for 10-15minutes while waiting for our taxi.

3-course meal + the complimentary Amuse-bouche and wines from to persons was about 150e, and for an experience of that level, I would've gladly paid 50e more if I had to.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We didn't have the tasting menu, we ordered a la carte, and the bill was reasonable. The food and wine choices were spectacular. We took a cab from our hotel atop the Spanish Steps, and the cab drive across town (round trip) was well worth it for the meal.

All we have to say is "bravo"! Wow. Antico Arco - so tasty! We left dazed, happy, and ready to return to Rome :) What a great meal! I ate my way around Europe all summer (on expense account) at some of the best restaurants (3* Michelin), and we came back to Italy to eat our hearts out, in the low season. Antico Arco was one of my favorite Italian meals, hands down. I highly recommend.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

For a special occasion like NYE we wanted a special dinner but not to be taken advantage of while on vacation in Rome. This restaurant filled the bill perfectly! The special menu was fantastic, but I thought the portions were on the small side. lol One complaint I have is that they seemed to sit all of the English speaking customers in the same dining room. It took away from the atmosphere a bit not to hear any Italian at the surrounding tables.