“Very appetizing”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Started off with fantastic starters. Black pepper past and risotto. Both were unbelievable!! Followed by the turbot special. I will say this is one of the most organized kitchens I have ever seen. immaculately clean and organized. I would assume this also added to the consistency of the great food.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Traditional Roman food with a modern twist. Both staff and chef were very friendly. I am a vegetarian so before getting seated we wanted to be sure that there would also be some vegetarian dishes on the menu. This wasn't a problem; the chef herself came out of the kitchen to speak with us and even suggested to prepare something which wasn't listed on the menu. That's what I call customer service!
As a starter we had fiori di zucca filled with ricotta and a burratina sauce – very tasty and well presented – and a flan of caciocavallo (cheese), which was decent but not stunning. As a primo we chose pumpkin ravioli, served with a traditional cacio e pepe sauce and fettuccine with seafood. Both dishes were excellent and freshly made with high quality ingredients. My partner’s secondo, which being a vegetarian I didn’t try myself, was a sampler of cod, which was surprising (e.g. crisps of cod skin and fried cod liver) but could have used a bit more seasoning. Also, the secondo was served immediately after the primo, which was simply too fast, we would have preferred to have some time between the two courses. As a dessert we chose the signature mille-feuille, which was good but a tad plain, the lemon tart with forest fruit however was amazing; very refreshing with delicate flavours.
We really enjoyed our evening and for a 1 star Michelin restaurant it was also very reasonably priced; we paid around 150 Euro for both of us, wine included.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The most important attribute of Roman cuisine is to cook what is fresh and seasonal. Agata e Romeo follows that principle but still updates the tradition. An excellent example was the pumpkin raviolli cacio e pepe. My wife thought this was the best pasta dish she had this trip. The room and the service were welcoming and comfortable.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We asked our hotel to book this restaurant as it was quite near out hotel. It had a strange ambiance - there was a table of four next to us - and the 'main man' couldn't keep away from it. Our service was good although not particularly friendly, They food was pretty good but I did feel the restaurant lacked atmosphere. However loved the artwork on the walls!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Recently, because the financial crisis has hit Italy very hard, this superb restaurant changed its menu and lowered its prices. The food is always spectacular, service wonderful--warm and professional, and the decor very cozy. You can get more classic dishes now and Agata's special Cacio e Pepe is a standout. Don't miss her carbonara. Romeo is in the dining room, overseeing the waiters, the welcome and the wine choices. Now, the full tasting menu is just 50 euros but there is an extensive a la carte menu as well. As the prices are so reasonable, this means that I will get to go more often. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Lee O