“Brilliant, if a little different”

Residenze SuiteSistina for Lovers
Ranked #3 of 1,088 Specialty Lodging in Rome
York, United Kingdom
“Brilliant, if a little different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wow- we really liked this hotel! We stayed here for the last two days of our fantastic Italian honeymoon. We decided to push the boat out a little on this last hotel and were not disappointed by Suite Sistina.

We stayed in the 'White room', which was wonderfully quirky with a giant, circular bed, a freestanding bath and shower in the main room and a lots of little touches to make us feel welcome and a little bit special. All the smellies were lush branded, nice and playful.

We had breakfast served to our room as had been the case in the previous two hotels, but this was different- a much slicker operation than either of the previous two locations as two staff swept into our suite and layed out a feast of breakfast on the table in our room. The quality of food was also really good.

The location was perfect- two minutes walk away from the Spanish Steps and handy for the Trevi Fountain and lots of really good, local restaurants.

In summary, this was not the cheapest hotel we stayed at, but it certainly was one of the best!

1 Thank Will R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

taking in consideration the prices in the center of Rome this is a value for money hotel I think. It is not a classic hotel though...no elevator(have that in mind) and no breakfast room(on the plus side as breakfast is served in the room) ans some more details like that. The staff is very carefull and all their suggestions were superb. I booked this trip as an aniversary gift for my fiance and when I contacted them to ask details about the room they send pictures and told me all the details I wanted for the room, plus suggested some ideas to make it more special. It was beautiful, the only thing I didn't like is the Bubble and Bubble package they offered, of which the only thing worth it was the champange.
overall I would recommend this residence and probably visit again!

Room Tip: there is no elevator so if you have a problem with stairs ask for a room on the lower floors. and as...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in Rome a while ago. We booked the Tutta Tonda suite and it was gorgeous. Breakfast is served to your room whenever you like, and you can actually choose to have everything on the menu! The fabulous round bed and in room bath and shower were fantastic. The hotel is within walking distance of the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain, but for a real tour make sure you book an open top bus trip. Great restaurants around and about the hotel. My husband and I are looking to go back to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose the tutti tonda suite for a real taste of luxury.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank db012c5663
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

For me this was the ultimate stay for sensual Rome! Two bold wooden doors on Via Sistina hide an Aladdin’s cave of luxury. The location is superb, just 5 mins walk from Spagna and the Spanish Steps, so the Metro is really handy.

We stayed in Notte Bianco (I think it was called - and its on the one in the photos on Trip Advisor). The room was beautiful and the service excellent. Before our stay I received an email requesting my choice of pillows (OK, I had to google some of them!), music, temperature of the room… I’d booked for my partners 40th and they asked if I wanted a message putting on the shower screen – all very romantic, but spot on. Highlights include a circular bed, inclusive mini bar that is restocked every day, fabulous choice of breakfast served in our own dining room, very cool décor and even a glitter ball over the bath! The place is very stylish and refined but not pretentious at all, so we felt very comfortable in out cargo shorts and tee shirts whilst exploring Rome.

The breakfast was superb, from the cutlery and crockery to the tea bags (seriously cool!!). I am wheat free and amazingly they did a gluten free option. This was a pastry and several biscuits, and for future days I did choose the “normal” menu – absolutely not a criticism though as I didn’t expect any kind of gluten free in Rome. Everything from the scrambled eggs and bacon to the cornflakes (had to be Kelloggs as they were great!), fresh fruit to cold cuts and yoghurt was spot on. Oh, there is also a Nespresso coffee machine in the room which is complementary too – such a bonus.

Storage in the room is minimalistic, but adequate, so not an issue for our 4 might stay.
I have to admit that I’d done a lot of research on where to stay in Rome for a really special few days and Suite Sistina completely lived up to my expectations – I would highly recommend it.

My only “downside” is that our room was next to the room where they make breakfast, so from 6am ish there was quite abit of noise in the room next door – when I’m away I always wear earplugs, so it didn’t wake me, but did wake my partner. We had breakfast 3 out of our 4 mornings (one morning we were up and out too early as it was served from 7.30am) and on 2 of those occasions it came 10 mins later than we had requested. This only presented abit of a challenge on the first day as we had a Tour to get to, so were rushing abit, but after that we accommodated that it may be abit later than anticipated so we had no stress. Oh, no real English channels on the TV – not a downside as such, but we remained completely in our holiday bubble whist away as we had no idea what was going on in the world!

To give abit of a flavour of what is on your doorstep, on our first night we walked towards the Spanish Steps and had food at the top – very good quality food and wine, but predictably expensive. My recommendation would be to leave Suite Sistina and take a right down Via Sistina towards Barberini Metro station. Only a 5 or so minutes walk are a number of restaurants on the left hand side of Via Sistina and we had superb food at really reasonable prices – we ate in two different ones and were delighted with both.

Overall I absolutely loved Suite Sistina. I would highly recommend it for a fantastic stay in one of Europe’s best cities.

Room Tip: Rooms are individual, quirky and beautiful. Notte Bianco did get abit of noise from the kitchen nex...
2 Thank Katie_D74
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in September in the suite called Tutta Tonda. We were very impressed with the room. It had a huge circular bed which was so comfy. There was also a bath in the room and a really good shower. You could hear some noise from the room upstairs unfortunately but I think thats because its an old building, it wasn't enough to be annoying or prevent sleep. I liked that everything from the mini bar was free. A nice little touch was that when you came back from your evening out, they left a sticker with what the weather would be like the next day.

Breakfast choices were varied and served in the room. You could order as much as you liked. My husband enjoyed the nesspresso machine a lot!

Location very good, minutes walk from the Spanish Steps. We walked to many attractions, Vatican City was even walkable in 30 minutes. There was a lovely restaurant just up the road called Sofia. We had an excellent evening meal there and went back the next day to try their pizza for lunch which was also very good.

Staff were nice and helpful. This isn't strictly a hotel though so don't expect someone there all the time. We booked knowing this as we weren't worried about that. And anyway there was a number to call 24/7 if you needed to.

We also got the transfer to and from the airport which was worth the money, about the same price as a normal taxi.

Overall I think the room was very good value. I didn't expect to be able to stay in such luxury in the centre of Rome for €250 a night, including a massive breakfast!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Some hotels the brilliant photos never match poor rooms. In the Suite Sistina photos don't do the rooms justice. The hotel is very close to spanish steps and walking distance to most attractions or at worst a 8 euro cab ride. The rooms we encountered were very modern and a lot of thought into decoration. It is ideal for couples or even a greedy single with , ambience , staff, and the details in the room . Our room was cleaned everyday and the towels were changed and free minibar refilled every day

Lincoln, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I booked the sparkling room-priced at £250 so was expecting great things. Unfortunately I was left feeling disappointed.

The pros
- great jacuzzi bath. Best I've ever had
- great location just near the Spanish steps
- room was spotless
- friendly staff
- great round bed and comfy mattress

The cons
- the lights were a nightmare. So many switches for different combos of lighting. The lighting itself was just too dark and it either felt like you we're in a disco or a grotto
- there were no drawers or proper space for hanging clothes
- the bathroom sink is operated by a strange hole button where it is either on so hard it sprays your face or a trickle.
- the disco effect lights had a fault and essentially tried to sleep with a bright green flicker behind your eyeballs all night
- breakfast in your room doesn't do it for me-it was also cold. The table was so small you had to balance your dirty plate on your clothing shelf whilst finishing off your meal!
- you can hear every guest walking up the endless flights is stairs
-the free wifi never worked! It was just another detail that I would expect from a hotel priced like this that didn't deliver
- billed as Art Deco on the website splendia. This was certainly not!

For a 5* price I am expecting something much more than this!

• Stayed September 2012