“Little gem”
Review of Hotel Massimo

Hotel Massimo
Ranked #726 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have just returned from a short visit to Rome with my daughter. The hotel we were booked into for the 4 night stay was experiencing problems with the water to our intended room and asked if we would mind sleeping the first night at the hotel next door, The Hotel Massimo. We were a little unsure as our original hotel was a 3+star rated hotel and The Massimo was rated 2 star. I have experienced the Italian rating system in the past so did not have high expectations. We need not have worried as the standard of room was very high....deserving of more than the 2 stars in my opinion. The staff were welcoming and friendly and explained everything we needed to know without a problem. We were told that the hotel had only been open for a short while but one would have not known this as the 2 young men we encountered at reception were very knowledgable and professional. I would stay here again and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GillB1954

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights with my husband and 2 small children. We had a triple room and is was clean and not too small. It was sought of hard to find as it is one floor in a residential building and there is only a small plaque on the wall of the building indicating the hotel is inside. Despite being told that someone was there till 8pm and advising them that we would arrive between 7 & 7.30pm there was no one there when we arrived at 7.30pm. The sign on the door said to call a number but no one answered. Then we read that we had to go down stairs and around to another hotel if the number didn't work where the other hotel had our keys.

The hotel is close to Termini station and there are a number of nice restaurants near by or with in walking distance. It is also a nice and safe neighborhood. The breakfast is simple but sufficient. The rooms were always clean and tidy. The bathroom is tiny and the shower even more so, I had trouble bending to wash my feet! The wifi was great and the staff were always friendly and informative. The air con worked perfectly and there was a bar fridge in the room to use.
If you have the time to look around you may find something cheaper and better value but I think it was ok value for money and I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ShannonM081
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel is well located,a few minutes from the Termini and was better than I expected having stayed in Rome twice previously. It can be a little tricky to find but once in you are met by with friendly reception,easy check in and a modern,clean room. Okay, the bathroom may have been a bit small but it was fine for me. The air conditioning worked extremely well and the mini bar is a plus. Yes breakfast was basic, but there was enough on offer to appease my hunger pangs and I had no problem with the space issue. Overall, a peasant experience and good value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Aussietraveller5609
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is basic accommodation, just somewhere to sleep. It's close to the Termini station which is convenient, and there is free wifi. The room was clean and the staff friendly enough but this isn't the place to stay if you want to have a nice, comforting place to come home to after a day out in Rome. I read in one of the reviews that the hotel has been renovated recently, but perhaps not all the rooms. The shower in my room was tiny and didn't drain very well, and when I made myself a cup of tea it smelled slightly of bleach. I wish I had stayed at Casa Vivanti where I stayed before near the Vatican. It would have left a much nicer impression of my last night in Italy. It's around the same price and it would have been worth the cab fare there and back early in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Noelle S
Reviewed March 18, 2013

its a 1 floor hotel that is basically designed into a hotel
the rooms are clean, kinda modern
the breakfast lounge is to tiny u feel like every1 can listen to your conversation
people are very welcoming and friendly
the bathrooms are small and the showering space is extremely small
breakfast is realy good cheese ham salami compote de fruits juices coffee machine is fantastic

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 123Chipie123
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in October 2012. Great deal for the money, clean, modern, every room has its own bathroom and shower, breakfast buffet is sufficient and location is conveniently close to subway, bus, and a five minute walk to Termini station. Safe neighborhood. Staff is friendly and helpful. We would come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JZinSD77
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with Massimo Hotel. Hotel is a short walk away from Termini station in a very quiet street. Residential building. It is very cute place to stay, very clean and quiet. Reception is not open during the night so if you need to check out before 7 am you better do it night before.
Would I recommend it ? - YES !
Would I stay again there ? - YES !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple