All reviews third floor metro station lady at reception small bathroom min walk perfect base breakfast is served short stay room was clean and comfortable mini fridge stayed for nights busy street spanish steps map colosseum pharmacy
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

The location is good. The Colosseum is a relatively short and pleasant walk away. Room was small but clean. However, and I think it's a big however, the WiFi is ridiculously slow. Really, I think it's misleading that they advertise they have WiFi because it only worked half the time in our room and was painfully slow when it did. Even when I went into the lobby where the router is located, it took me 20 minutes to log onto my email account. This problem persisted all three days we were there. When I mentioned the problem to the staff they just shrugged it off as if they knew about the problem and just didn't care. So, if location and a clean, safe room are your top priority and WiFi is not important, then I would recommend this place. If you need WiFi, then stay somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua84105
Reviewed February 6, 2018

If you are travelling on a budget with a friend, friends or as a couple, you really can't go wrong with this hotel

Location is decent, A 15-minute walk from Colosseum, 20-minute walk from Piazza Venezia, and just a minute walk from Vittorio Emanuele metro station (1 stop away from Termini station, hence very easy access to central Rome via metro and buses).

For the price, our room was decently sized, and very clean. Everything, including the toilet/shower appears to have been very recently updated. Overall, a very attractive place to stay. Beds/pillows are very comfortable and linen was super-clean.

The lady at the reception was super-friendly, typical for Mediterranean hospitality (trust me, I'm Mediterranean myself!). Although there was a bit of a language barrier, we communicated without issues and was very kind and helpful. We appreciated that this is a small hotel, and not part of a large chain.

The only issue was that it took us a while to find it. However, this is a very small hotel, located on a larger building, and we could avoid this by reading more info about the hotel in advance, compared to just looking it up on Google Maps (it's on the 3rd floor of the address building).

The hotel does not offer any considerable communal areas, but then again, for the price, you are paying for a very welcoming, clean and comfortable place to sleep and have a base for your adventures in Rome. Therefore, I highly recommend it to young travelers on a limited budget, who value comfort and cleanliness, without sacrificing too much on location.

Grazie mille!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicolas L
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a hotel on budget - who wants to stay in hotel in Rome apart from sleeping?

This hotel is just simple the best choice. Yes, the room is basic: bed, wardrobe, TV, small bathroom with the toilet and hair dryer. Towels on the house. But what else do you need ?
The best things:
- lovely and helpful staff with plenty of info and brochures
- main train station 12 mins walk (with luggage)
- metro station 2 min walk (the line what goes to vatican)
- Lovely restaurants around
- colosseum 22 mins walk downhill (and so the centre)
- very clean room
- lovely breakfast in the bed

I can't recommend this lovely small hotel enough. If you are on budget and you are here for Rome and not for hotel benefits than this is the perfect base for your Rome visit!

The hotel on third floor but there is an elevator.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 607krisztianb
Reviewed November 17, 2017

I stayed at Auditorium di Mecenate at the beginning of October 2017, this is a small boutique hotel that occupies part of the 3rd floor of what seems like a residential building.

Let me start with the few bad things 1st
Finding it can be a little tricky as there is not much in the way of street signage, the hotel is small and does not offer any additional facilities like a pool or gym, and if i remember correctly besides breakfast no other food either, but the price reflects this.

The good.
What you have here is a cheap little boutique hotel run by some really friendly and accommodating ladies at the front desk, its clean, quiet has decent beds and bathrooms, is within walking distance to the colosseum (about 25 min stroll) or even better about 10 min stroll to the stop for the "hop on hop off buss tours", and air-conditioning.

I would recommend asking for a room that is further from the entrance as you could be disturbed by people coming in at night and banging the front door, I stayed in right next to it and really was not inconvenienced by any noise but others have had issues.

This is the type of place you retreat to after spending your whole day exploring the city and all you need is a place to have a nice shower and get some sleep before you do it all again the next day, thats it really.

Room Tip: Don't worry about getting breakfast, theres amazing bakeries and coffee shops on either street corner go out and explore.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Fruitloopinjhb
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

We're very pleased with our stay at Auditorium di Mecenate. The hotel is situated near the city center and provided everything we needed. We're especially pleased with the receptionist and the service. The room was clean and well equipped with change of linens and towels every day. Our room was poorly insulated from noise from the corridor. But we had a super stay overall! Breakfast was served in bed, which were great.

We're looking forward to our next stay!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple