We found it tough to find affordable lodging in central Rome so we stayed here. It was conveniently located near a train station and found getting around relatively easy. It is a small family-run business with 5-6 rooms, all of which are very tight with minimal space. The walls are paper thin so whenever someone was in the reception talking it sounded like they were standing over me...The window also looked into a courtyard so other people could see in the room.
However, it was all we needed. It was very clean, had nice bathrooms with reliable hot water and very friendly staff.
I will give one heads up that the staff has a list of recommended restaurants. We only tried one and unfortunately it was my least favorite restaurant throughout our entire trip to Italy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auditorium di Mecenate is a modern Hotel , which aims to capture the traditional spirit of Roman's hospitality and traditions. Located in an old building in a unique Umbertino style Area (King Umberto II), ideally positioned for those who wants being able to have quick access to principal areas of historical and tourist interest that only Rome can offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Auditorium di Mecenate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auditorium Di Mecenate Rome
- Auditorium Di Mecenate Hotel Rome