“City break in Rome”

Hotel Residenza San Calisto
Ranked #24 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Good value for money and just as described by previous reviewers. Very helpful staff, keen to help us enjoy our visit. excellent location within walking distance of all the main sites and a lovely area for lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 486Helen

Reviewed January 20, 2013

In the core of Trastevere, rounded by joyful and young romans, this hotel is quiet, with good accommodations and very friendly service.
In few minutes, by walking, you are in the center of Rome or in the old Rome. It was a pleasure to stay there (5 days).

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Otavio C
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I couldn't ask for a more warm, friendly and accommodating staff on my
first visit to Rome. I was so comfortable, it felt like being with family. My room was clean, serene and quiet. I slept in my first morning (jet lag effects I guess), and after I prepped for the day I walked out to the front desk. I was warmly greeted by the staff. I asked where I could get breakfast since it was beyond their serving time. They stated I didn't miss it, and was led downstairs for a very satisfying meal. The breakfast spread was a delight. A perfect way to start the morning with wonderful food and killer cappucinos! The location of the hotel was perfect. An easy walk to restaurants, shops, and sight seeing (I did a walking tour of Trastevere my first day ~ very informative, full of history).
After four days I traveled to Florence for a few days and then returned to Roma. The hotel was booked for New Years Eve, so I stayed at a hotel close to the Vatican. It was a nice hotel, but I was disappointed that it was not as pleasurable an experience as it was at Residenza Santa Maria.

On my next visit to Rome (this will happen since I did toss a coin into the Trevi
Fountain) I will surely make reservations with Residenza Santa Maria.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bluezoom7
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spent a night here as a family in the quadruple room, which was a perfect fit for us. We could wheel our stroller right into the large, clean, well-designed room and the hotel had set up a travel cot for our younger son. We parked in the small garage recommended by the hotel, which was close by but was only open for certain hours (8-10 am and pm) meaning we had to find another parking spot in Trastevere for a few hours, which was not ideal. The room was very quiet as it faced onto an internal courtyard. Breakfast was downstairs in a charming (but windowless) cantina and was done well. The staff were attentive, both at the time of booking, and during our stay. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2013

It was our first trip to Rome, I found the hotel through Trip Advisor. LOVED it! It is so cute, only 6 rooms. Ours was the perfect size, very comfortable, clean and with a lovely bathroom and killer shower! After touring Rome for 4 days, I was actually so happy that the hotel was located in Trastevere...it was such a cute little city just across the bridge with tiny cobblestone streets, great restaurants and shops all within walking distance. We actually chose to eat dinner every night here instead of in the city. It is an easy and nice walk to most of the tourist sites. The staff is very helpful and the breakfast was perfect...including the 'made to order' cappucinos! I look forward to staying here again next time I visit Rome...can't imagine staying anywhere else!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

it's a very cozy hotel. you would feel like at home!
hotel is very small, but it is only better. the place is just wonderful. in a Trastevere district, with lots of bars around. but the hotel is located at a very silent street. however just few seconds away from the main streets with bars and etc. also just 10-15 min from Colloseo, Vatican ....
the stuff is really good . always ready to help.
few words about breakfast. the capucino at the hotel's bar is just wonderful. the same about meal. breakfast is really good.
i always stay in Residenza. it was my 3 time. and i am sure - not the last one :)

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We just spent 5 days in Rome touring the sights. Found this hotel on the web, and for once everything was as advertised. The hotel is very small - about 5 rooms, but there usually is staff on site, and if not, a phone call away. The hotel consists of two nicely restored 13th-century buildings with a small courtyard in the middle. Room was smallish but well appointed and comfortable, including well-appointed bathroom. Mattress was a bit too soft for our comfort - our only quibble really. The staff is extraordinarily helpful without being intrusive, and are happy to also give you recommendations regarding visiting the sights. The breakfast is excellent and served in a medieval basement with vaulted ceiling. Location is great: in Trastevere, a neighbourhood of narrow streets full of restaurants and pubs, across the Tiber from the center of the city, very near the Jewish Ghetto area and the Tiber island. We walked from the hotel to the Roman forum and Coliseum (about 20 min), Jewish quarter (10 min), and even the Vatican (less than 30 min). Otherwise, a tramway and bus station (Belli) is at a 3-4 min walk from the hotel. All in all we highly recommend this hotel as the perfect place from which to explore Rome. Would definitely book there again if returning to the eternal city.