“Outstanding tour”

and up
In-Depth Colosseum Tour with Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
Ranked #13 of 763 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Through Eternity is a tour company in Italy that provides insightful guidance and commentary on historical and artistic sights, both well known and off the beaten track. The company has been providing exceptionally high quality cultural tourism since 1999. Our guides are all highly educated, fluent English-speaking professionals who bring history alive and provide deep cultural context. The company provides tours and excursions in Rome, Florence, Pompeii, Naples, Siena, Tivoli and San Gimigano. All Through Eternity's back-office staff are native English speakers.
Cambridge, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding tour”
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We did the Ancient Rome - Colosseum & Roman Forum tour on 8th August 2009.
Our guide was brilliant, funny and entertaining whilst having a huge amount of knowledge on Ancient Rome.
Being in a small group was great too especially when you saw the huge Italian groups were people were struggling to keep up and hear what their guide was talking about.
At the end of teh tour we were even given a great typ for lunch and advice on our afternoon sightseeing plans.
A great company to deal with.
My only regret is that we went at such a hot time of year and were only able to take one of their tours.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New Jersey
“To Fully Appreciate the Vatican, You Must Use This Tour!”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

I owe my wife a huge amount of credit for finding Through Eternity and now I wouldn't even consider sightseeing in Rome without them. We took the Vatican tour with Thomas and right off the bat I was impressed with his passion for the subject, but what really impressed me was how he was able to relate present day cultural issues to those that society has dealt with for ages and, most importantly, how they are reflected in the art throughout the Vatican museum. If I didn't have his insight, I would have slugged through the museum just to get to the Sistine Chapel, but with Thomas' narration and enthusiasm I truly marvelled at everything I saw. The tour is a can't miss.

So California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We loved Justin Southern for the 5 hour Vatican Tour”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

My husband and I really enjoyed this tour. It was supposed to be 5 hours, but I think he went closer to 6 hours, so he definitely provided us more than what we paid for. He was very knowledgeable and easy going through the entire tour. Justin not only provided us with information regarding the artwork, but he also gave us a little history lesson of Rome and how the Vatican and St. Peter's Basillica came to be. Our group consisted of 14 people. They provided us headphones, so we could still walk around to look at other things as he talked. We would definitely use and recommend Through Eternity again because of Justin. Can't say the same for Artviva in Florence as it was overpriced for what we got in comparison.

Menlo Park, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Vatican tour: Brandon is excellent”
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We signed up for the 5-hour tour of the Vatican, which covers the museum and St. Peters. I normally don't like tours, as I prefer to go at my own pace. Brandon did a fantastic job of covering the material in a way that was easy to follow and really helped everyone understand the people, the history, and the significance of what we were seeing. I learned a lot, even though I've been through this museum 3 times before, and my kids (age 12, 15) enjoyed the tour as well. He is clearly passionate about the subject matter, and it didn't feel like a tour that is given over and over as much as hanging out with a friend who happens to be devoting his education to studying ancient Rome, the papal history, and the Renaissance. He was engaged and energetic the entire time, and gave us more time than we paid for. This is definitely superior to any 3-hour tour I considered, I'm really glad I went with this one, Brandon is the best.

BLOOMFIELD HILLS , MICHIGAN
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great company with reasonable prices”
Reviewed August 7, 2009

WE used 3 different tour companies while in Rome ( Through Eternity, Angel's Tour, and Artviva). Through Eternity was excellent!! The guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining. Their prices are very reasonable. We did the Angels night walking tour and thought it was good. The Angels tour we took was more lighthearted and less educational. However the Angel's guide was very personable. Our worst expereince was with Artviva. Do not use Artviva.!!! We had a major problem with them and we would consider them not reputable. We should have known better because Artviva is the only company that charges your credit card at the time of the booking ( unlike the others who you pay at completion of the tour).