“Trevi Fountain and Rome at Twinight tour”

Through Eternity Cultural Association
$95.02*
In-Depth Vatican Tour with Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
Ranked #13 of 811 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Through Eternity is a tour company in Italy that provides insightful guidance and commentary on historical and artistic sights, both well known and off the beaten track. The company has been providing exceptionally high quality cultural tourism since 1999. Our guides are all highly educated, fluent English-speaking professionals who bring history alive and provide deep cultural context. The company provides tours and excursions in Rome, Florence, Pompeii, Naples, Siena, Tivoli and San Gimigano. All Through Eternity's back-office staff are native English speakers.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My daughter and I recently made a trip to Rome. We booked a night tour of Rome through the USO. As it turned out, we were the only two for the tour on that Saturday evening. Our guide, Thomas, was excellent. Since he was born in Florida, his English was great; however, he had lived in Rome long enough to be very knowledgeable of the city. He told us many different and interesting stories regarding the history and buildings. I would highly recommend this tour and Thomas to anyone visiting Rome and looking for an English speaking guide.

1  Thank CSK16

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Dear Traveller,
I took two tours with Through Eternity in Rome. Both were small groups ca. 5. Both guides and tours were fantastically full of knowledge. Unfortunately, both guides were also so thoroughly immersed in their field of study and imparting knowledge that their connection to the clients faltered. This was especially important to me as I was traveling with my 11-year old son and was assured previously that the guides could and would adjust to the clients needs, especially due to their small groups. They did not. In fact they were rude. They did not treat my son as a guest or customer. They occasionally seemed annoyed with him. My son is polite and patient (especially in light of 5 hour Vatican and Forum tours). The guides did not like being questioned or interrupted in their monologue by adults much less children.

Also rather socially awkward was the issue of breaks and lunch. Both tour guides left us alone for our short breaks and lunch. Perhaps we need a doctorate in order to dine with them?

I will try another tour group next time.

2  Thank Cordula B
Through_Eternity, The Customer Care Team at Through Eternity Cultural Association, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Cordula B,

First of all, we'd like to thank you for sharing your honest feedback. We here at Through Eternity are committed to providing the best possible experience to our guests of all ages and we are sorry you felt our guides did not connect well with your son.

We select our guides not only based on their knowledge, but on their love for Rome and ability to share and spread this love to our visitors. Our guides are normally praised for their ability to interact with everyone, even children. We also pride ourselves on the approachability of our guides so we are actually surprised to hear you felt they were unresponsive.

That said, we are very sorry if we did not meet your expectations this time. We believe in our product and are willing to reach out when a client is unhappy. We will be sending you an email personally shortly to arrange a refund.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Ava was a wonderful tour guide! She explained all the art and the history behind it. I would definitely recommend this guide and her company for tours around Rome

Reviewed November 19, 2013

There were eight of us meeting up in Rome recently to see the Eternal City in four days. Seeing all the highlights seemed a daunting task, but we chose the perfect company to help make that happen. We selected Through Eternity for their Vatican Tour, Borghese Gallery Tour, and Underground Rome: Ancient and Medieval Tour. All the guides were delightful and very knowledgeable. We usually only every had one other couple with the group, so we could ask as many questions as we wanted. The guides shared their beautiful city in a way that made it come alive for us. I noticed one bad review on the Underground Rome Tour, but they obviously did not have Mario. He shared the treasures which are hidden beneath four different sites that made you wonder what else they are going to find. It was fascinating! If you are in Rome for a short or long vacation, we would highly recommend Through Eternity as your guide to this beautiful city!!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The tour of these must-see destinations was comfortably-paced, affordable, informative, and led by a charming Rome native, Eva. Eva was conversational, spoke impeccable English, and found a way to bring the history of Vatican City and the artwork that arorns it alive. There is so much that I would have missed, or at least greatly underappreciated, without Through Eternity's help. Excellent tour - I would recommend it to anyone who will be in the area.