“Not fun”

$142.56*
Colosseum Underground Tour, Third Tier, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
Ranked #16 of 824 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Through Eternity is a tour company in Italy that provides insightful guidance and commentary on historical and artistic sights, both well known and off the beaten track. The company has been providing exceptionally high quality cultural tourism since 1999. Our guides are all highly educated, fluent English-speaking professionals who bring history alive and provide deep cultural context. The company provides tours and excursions in Rome, Florence, Pompeii, Naples, Siena, Tivoli and San Gimigano. All Through Eternity's back-office staff are native English speakers.
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I booked two tours with this company and I was disappointed with both. the first tour we had was with a gentleman whose name escapes me, but he spent most of the time talking about himself and his life in Rome. While that is interesting and I am sure he would be a great person to have a beer with, I came to Rome and to the Vatican to learn about that. The guy had a wealth of information, but he seemed kind of grumpy and jaded.
The second tour we had was not even finished, it was of the Forum, and when we entered the guide was stopped from doing the tour. I don't speak Italian but fluent Spanish, so I undderstand a lot of Italian anyway, but the guide, a young lady, did not seem to know Italian, or what was being said to her. It turns out she did not have a licence, and she was threatened. I understood that she was not legal to be doing tours or to be in the country. Why would any company hire someone who is not legal to be doing tours. Needless to say, our tour did not continue, but luckily we hadn't paid. I ended up taking a tour at the colosseum after being approached at the entrace if I spoke English, and the tour was fine.

1  Thank far_from_home_8
Write a ReviewReviews (2,138)

Reviewed June 24, 2008

My two teenagers, my husband, and I can’t say enough wonderful things about Through Eternity’s two-day immersion tour and its guides. On day one, Gracelynn took us to Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, the speaking statute Pasquino, through the Vatican and so much more. She was not only full of enegry, enthusiasm and information, she kept our teenagers’ attention! On day two, Janet took us through the Castle San Angelo, Roman Forum, the Colleseum, the Pallentine, and gobs more. Janet also was full of information, enthusiasm (despite a freshly broken arm), and she was great with the kids. Both of their stamina was amazing. We were all pooped at the end of the day, and both Janet and Gracelynn were still like Energizer Bunnies -- ready to keep going. I cannot imagine how we could have seen so much and learned so much in two days without them. Worth every penny. (I also hear from others that tour guide Thomas is wonderful!). The office staff was responsive, accurate, and simply spot on. This outfit and these tour guides are a rare find that I highly recommend.

1  Thank YankeeinFlorida
Reviewed June 22, 2008

We recently spent two full days of private tours with Through Eternity. Eight hours a day and miles later we felt we had seen everything! I know we just saw a fraction of Rome but our guide Nikki made Rome come alive and entertained us for hours on end. We booked other private tours with other companies for other cities -Walking tours of Florence-and we received so much less than Through Eternity. We will be going back to Rome in July with the entire family and we have booked them again. I can not recommend them more highly. Whether your time in Rome is limited or you have a week you will get more out of your time and enjoy it more with the professional guides of Through Eternity. We booked some very complicated times and meeting places via email but they were exactly where they promised to be right on time. We had wonderful lunches together and received great recommendations for local dinner hang outs. We could not be more thrilled with our new friends at Through Eternity!

2  Thank Go247Travel
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We just returned from a two-week trip to Italy, including visits to Florence, Tuscany, Venice, Milan and Rome. By far, the highlight of our trip was the three days of tours we did with Through Eternity Cultural Association. Our personal tour guide was Thomas Robinson. Thomas is one of the most knowledgeable people I have ever met when it comes to Roman Art and Roman history, not to mention fantastic family restaurants and gelato bars along the way. Although he has done hundreds of tours, he brings the excitement and enthusiasm of one who is doing it for the first time. The very nature of the private tours--where the guide meets you at your hotel and spends the day with you, including having a great lunch along the way--is so comforting and stress-free for people like us who were traveling abroad for the first time. We had no worries about getting around Rome, whether on foot, by bus or by subway--with Thomas leading the way. Our three days in Rome were like having a family member show us around the city (a very smart family member). We were all sad when the time came to say goodbye to Thomas on the final day. Five stars doesn't do Through Eternity justice--they deserve a 10. We heartily recommend them to anyone traveling to Rome (and also central Italy--they do tours in Florence, Pompeii and other locations as well).

Reviewed June 20, 2008

We recently came back from Rome, after reading such great reviews about this tour we booked the basic tour of Roman Forum and the Colosseum. I personally didn't find the tour all that great. In fact I was little disappointed.
We reached at the spot in time, tour started late, and most of the time we were just running behind the guide to catch up with him. We wanted to take pictures and take our time but the guide was in a rush. Colosseum tour was cut after there was a technical problem with the company or the tour guide not having a license to provide tours. Then we went over to Roman forum and we did not cover even half of it when the tour ended. The guide did try to tell us some stories, ( Cleopatra-Mark Antony and Julius Caeser story), if you have sen the movie then you know the. story already.
I may sound too negative, it wasn't that bad but this tour should not be the central piece of your trip. I am impressed that almost every other reviewer has given such great reviews but my experience was a little different.

4  Thank incognito2007