Open today: 7:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Through Eternity Cultural Association tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Through Eternity Cultural Association
from $91.10
from $62.30
from $125.80
2,266 results
All reviews hour tour vatican tour sistine chapel palatine hill thomas robinson essential experience underground rome roman forum small group private tour five hours art history third tier come alive his knowledge great tour group tour
Reviewed 6 days ago

I have been enthralled with the Vatican since my youth, but had no real appreciation for the extensive artwork and largesse of its statues and paintings. Our wonderful guide, Gracelyn brought to life the historical spectacle of the Sistine Chapel, Museums, and St. Peters Basilica. It was as though we were immersed in storytelling which we thought we knew, but in fact, knew very little. Gracelyn efficiently used our time waiting for access with a historical setup of church evolution from St. Peter till today. She then proceed to walk us through all sites with just enough detail to keep us asking questions. Her back-and-forth presentation style is engaging and just plain fun! Specifically, I found her description of the daunting tasks put forth to Michelangelo and Raphael a gateway to understanding of the times and challenges to pull off such work. I'll never take for granted what's at the Vatican because Gracelyn provided a framework of understanding which we will always cherish!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Our guide Guilia was very informative. The tour was great. I would highly recommend. We will book with them again on our next trip to Rome.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Enrica was an excellent guide, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, amusing with plenty of stories of how she used to play as a child on the Palatine Hill. Very well worth while tour.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Luca as a guide accompanied us on an incredible journey! I was at first sceptical due to slightly high price, but it was oh so worth it! With an exceptional knowledge of Rome and its history - Luca made the tour so interesting and memorable. His love to the city, archaelogy and history was contagious. Inbetween spots we were taken care of by two highly skilled drivers who handled hectic Rome with such ease.

You get to visit 3 main spots on this underground tour, starting with the catacombs and ending in the undergrounds of the Basilica San Clemente. Apart from the tour on spots, Luca was telling stories about Rome even in the car as we were driving around from one spot to another. All in all, we are very happy with the tour and we will definitely be back !

The only thing I wish for is that the tour lasted even longer and there were more spots to visit and discover. :)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a great tour and made our time in Vatican City memorable. Our tour guide (Guia Grandi) was very knowledgeable and did a superb job of keeping us engaged and sharing her comprehensive knowledge of history and art. The tour was priceless in terms of what we saw, what we learned, and the overall Vatican experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I took this tour with Guilia from Through Eternity. She is an art historian and gave us the highlights of all of the art in the Vatican museum. She was knowledgeable, helpful and delightful. The Vatican is CRAZY in terms of numbers of visitors and I was happy to have someone to help us navigate it. The lines were also SUPER long, so we were pleased to be able to skip right over that. Totally worth your money to see it this way. Others on our tour felt they wanted a bit more time to look at art, but there is SO MUCH to see I liked having a high level view on this tour with the option to wander alone in the afternoon. We also did a tour of St. Peter's Basilica and of the Sistine Chapel as part of this and Guilia did an excellent job prepping up for what we would see in terms of the art history portion. We are not art buffs, so this was exactly what we were looking for ALSO, you should DEFINITELY go see the Vatican, St. Peters and Sistine Chapel if in Rome - we are not Catholic, so had to no religious need to go, but it is breathtaking and worth the time and money.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well organised tour. Our guide, John , was so knowledgeable and friendly. Excellent tour. Highly recommended

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We decided to make the most of our time and really know what to look for and how to understand what we were seeing by taking Through Eternity\'s Early Morning Vatican Tour with Sistine Chapel. It got us up and making the most of our time getting in to see the beautiful Vatican with fewer people and more appreciation and understanding of the beauty around us. Our guide made the most of our time by explaining what we would see and what to look for before we got there while we all had to stand in line. Multitasking at its finest! Laura\'s English was excellent and her art history background and tour preparation were obvious. We appreciated and saw so much more than we went many many years ago on our own. The meeting place for the tour was easy to find and the tour was well organized. We highly recommend it!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our tour of the Forum, Palatine Hill and the Colosseum Underground and Arena Floor with Enrica. She was knowledgeable and happy to answer questions. We learned a lot. I would not want to explore this area without a guide - you wouldn't get nearly as much out of it. Being one of only a few people exploring the Underground and Arena Floor was also a very unique experience. I highly recommend Through Eternity!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After hearing my parents rave about the majestic Sistine Chapel experience from their trip to Europe years ago, I had selected an Early Access tour hoping for a quiet moment to enjoy the beauty. Given the September travel after summer, I thought it may be less packed, but this was a wrong assumption on both counts. This tour was not the "early" we anticipated for the value.
Our tour guide was very nice, and knowledgeable, but the smaller group we anticipated being in was still too large to comfortably hear her and navigate the masses in the Vatican and St. Peter's. The distance between us was enough of an issue that cross traffic on our headphones limited our ability to hear our guide. We missed much of what was said in St. Peter's, so just took it in ourselves a little blindly. Other people on our tour mentioned this to her, but not much could be done.
The headphones themselves were another hurdle, as the earpiece kept falling off. One group attendee wisely brought "normal" headphones that plugged in and fit into both ears. I'd do that if you can!
Also, not a huge fan of this "follow my flag on a stick" thing. I get it, the sites are busy, and the guide needs to keep you together. But I have a red checkered flag in so many photos. It legitimately grew comical and frustrating all at the same time. So I have lots of photos of just the ceiling.
All in all it was a very information experience, but not the lasting or memorable experience I had hoped it to be.