All reviews swimming pool bus stop public transport rooms are spacious breakfast was amazing around the corner croissants other hotels a great place to stay main attractions termini station walking distance buses ennio reception cornelia kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

When we arrived at the Hotel on Sept 30, 2018 the sun was hot and that would be the cast for the next 3 days we would stay at the Hotel. The receptionist told us that this was the last day that the pool would be open??? We booked this Hotel because of the pool. Now where in the brochure was told that the pool would be closed in October. Because of that 3 dots

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kleine P
Reviewed September 25, 2018

Good hotel, a bit out from the city and main attractions but that's nothing a bus can't solve - you get your ticket from reception (costs practically nothing) and go to the bus stop a hundred meters or so round the corner.

The hotel is nice, room clean and adequately spacious, bathroom nice. Breakfast is good, no hot food from what I remember but an adequate selection of cereals and yoghurts, fruit etc. Reception are helpful and will give you maps and advice etc.

As mentioned above location is somewhat out of the city centre but bus travel in Rome is very cheap and easy. Use google maps on your phone or just suss out the bus time tables and you will have it. We went everywhere on the bus, there is a nice Chinese restaurant about half an hour walk away from the hotel, Ristorante Cinese Fantastico that does very nice proper Chinese food and it is dirt cheap.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank MrCallum
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

It was by far the best from the other hotels in Florence, Venice & Milan
It was very nice and clean
Breakfast was awesome with lots of choices....
Location is a bit far from the center ...but bus No 98 was a life savior lol

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

We had booked an Airbnb for our last few days in Rome before returning home. However, with the super hot days we decided we should probably get a hotel with a pool.

I found this hotel based on the reviews here and we were pleasantly surprised.

Initially, I was very skeptical about the hotel. It seemed very far from the center of Rome. We had taken a train from Naples to Termini station and then followed the instructions to arrive via bus at the hotel. Seemed like it took forever!

When we first arrived, I saw the hotel signage and it looked like the hotel was in a compound which made me feel very uneasy. We rang the bell to get in and the entry way and lobby were both very clean and fresh. The receptionist greeted us and really made us feel welcome. You can tell the the hotel and their staff really put effort into making things as easy fro you as they can.

The room was ok. The bathroom was great! Good water pressure. My son loved his bed, my back was hurting from mine. But honestly, just a difference of needs. The room was very clean and amenities were supplied, such as hand soap, towels, extra blankets and pillows, shampoo, etc. We did have on problem with the room. A room next to ours had their TV on full blast. I’m sure they probably feel asleep with it on and did not realize how loud it was. On e it was off, the room was very quiet. We never heard people talking, walking around, etc. just the tv. We were sure which room it was, so the receptionist came in to listen and find out and asked them to turn it down. Problem avoided. If you are a light sleeper, you should be fine. But know that you can probably hear someone being loud.

The front desk offered bus tickets to get to town easily. It is very easy. The bust stop is just in front, but doesn’t always run true to schedule. Somehow I found an app called “Move it” and it made getting around super easy with real times for the buses.

The pool was great. A shallow end and a deep end. The only probable. Was it closed a bit early at 8pm. I’m sure that’s to protect the people who have rooms right by the pool. But for us, a bit of a disappointment, as we wanted to spend all day in Rome and come back for a nightly dip. Of course, we made it all work anyway. Btw... no swim cap required. We found other pools required these.

The highlight of our stay was a 3 way tie between the staff, who were always happy to help; the pool, which was super refreshing(!); and the breakfast!!! The breakfast was awesome. Had everything. Focaccia, vegetables, brioche, croissants, cereal, yogurt, eggs, toast, coffee, juice.... amazing breakfast. And I never saw them run out of anything.

I took a few pictures of the breakfast bar, as it was amazing!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank krak10
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

When I pulled up to hotel I know it was going to be special. It has a charming neighborhood feel or it. My room was very comfortable, great A/C, TV, WiFi and probably the best bathroom I’ve experienced in Europe for the price.
Breakfast has a bit of everything and plenty of Italian goodies. Staff was super friendly. Overall stay was great and I will definitely book my next stay here.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Hotel Poggiover... R, Direttore at Hotel Poggioverde, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Dear Mr. Tarek,
Thank you for choosing our Hotel. We are very happy to read your review regarding your stay!
We are looking forward to welcome you againg in Rome next time, best regards.
GM