“Good value for money”

Ranked #362 of 1,259 Hotels in Rome
Lisbon, Portugal
“Good value for money”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Hotel Eurostars Saint John has modern facilities and friendly staff. We were pleased with their sympathy at check-in, breakfast and check-out. The room was pretty comfortable and the bathroom was nicely furnished. Breakfast was diverse and with a good average quality.

In terms of location the hotel is around 20 min walk from the Coliseum and 30 min from the train station.

Areas of improvement are the cleanness of the cabin shower and the wi-fi speed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tiago M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My mobile phone and tablet were stolen from my room. At that stage I was assured by hotel manager that they will compensate it since they have ensure and police report had approved stolen items. When I followed up with hotel management recently, she simply said that because those items were not in the safe box would not be covered by insurance. Long story short, if you do some shopping or have valuable big items and leave them in the hotel room there is no guarantee that you see them again. There are thieves in this hotel and management is aware of, but doing nothing about it

• Stayed July 2014
9 Thank Mahan N N

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Travelling with two elementary age kids (9 and 6). This is colored by the fact that we had a rooftop suite with our own patio (jacuzzi was out of service - but we would not have used it anyway). Beds were fine, room was large, bathroom was fine. Used the in room safe and luggage locks - nothing stolen. Front desk personnel helpful with all (admittedly, small) requests. Breakfast is overpriced for what you get, but there is a deli/bakery on the corner if you like.
Location is great - close (15 E cab ride) to Termini and the Manzoni station is just 3 blocks.
We thought the place was great for a family of four.
Wi-fi was just OK, but worked enough to be useful, and it was free.
Bottomline - the room met all our needs, good location - would stay there again.

Room Tip: get the family room (suite)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Planegator
new york
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I am very happy with my room - clean, caring housekeeping staff, and quiet except for some other guests who apparently do not teach their children to not make noise after 11PM on a Sunday night. I got this hotel through Hotwire's blind bidding, but then I got nervous when I read the other reviews of this hotel. My room was on the 2nd floor on the street side, and I did not experience outside noise since I was not overlooking the ball court on the other side of the hotel. Wifi is disgracefully weak. I've literally had better wifi in $30 a night bungalows overlooking rice paddies in Bali, Indonesia.

I appreciated Rashida's friendly and hospitable kindness at the front desk. I checked in early just to leave my bags, and even though the room was not ready, I was fine with that as I wouldn't want room cleaning to be rushed - she worked diligently to be sure I would have a pleasant room since I did mention about noise concerns. Some of the other front desk staff is not pleasant as Rashida. Rashida was wearing a badge that indicated she was an apprentice. Interestingly (and sadly), the rest of front desk staff is not as friendly in customer service (One front desk staff shouted across the lobby to tell that breakfast is not included on my stay, plus she raises her voice to guests even if they are right in front of her). Personally, I think Rashida should be the one teaching the others about hospitality as some of the front desk staff would be better off in positions that do not require dealing with guests. I come from the hospitality industry, so I do not make these judgements lightly - decorum with guests comes from the heart, and quite frankly, some of the people behind the front desk don't belong there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank chefjohnnyc
Kilauea, Hawaii
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel looks nice and location is close to the Colliseum. The beds are very lumpy and hard but room was clean. Shower nozzle was broken though. I was very jet lagged and happy to have a sleep though. We left room in a hurry and I left my iPad on my pillow. I called immediately from our other hotel and the front desk said they did not find it. I went all the way back to the hotel from across the city (we all know how expensive taxis are) . I approached the front desk and let them know where I left my iPad. The gentleman's response was- "we did not find anything in your room"! I asked him to check with the cleaning staff and he became rude and short with me. He finally agreed to let me go up to the room to see if it had slipped behind the headboard etc. He treated me as if I had stolen something. This was very poorly handled indeed. I see there is another complaint of items being stolen. I insisted on leaving my information in case it mysteriously showed up and they could contact me--he basically moved on to another client without touching the piece of paper in front of him. No apologies whatsoever. Beware of this hotel--there is a male concierge who is rude and unhelpful and another one is a thief. Bummer for their business.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Krista H
Athens, Greece
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I travelled to Rome on a business trip. When I arrived at this hotel, the person at the reception (named Obama) was on the phone and ignored me for about 4 minutes. Once I received his attention, and instead of welcoming me to the hotel, he took out a map and told me: "There is a problem in our hotel and you have to go to another hotel. Here are the directions on how you can get there". I asked him what the problem was but he initially refrained from telling me that there was an overbooking issue. It took another 3-4 minutes of discussion to figure out the hotel was full.

I tried to explain to him that it would cause me a lot of inconvenience to move into another hotel simply because I had to get changed quickly and get to the conference venue, which was about 1-hour away. I was really in a hurry because I had to give a presentation at the conference in that afternoon. He completely ignored me. When I asked to talk to his manager, he replied that he was the manager of the hotel. I asked for his details and he said that his name is Obama. Given the lack of communication between us, I threaded to call booking.com straight away to complain. His response was: "Okay call them, what are they going to do to me?"

I have to admit that I have never been treated so badly at a hotel reception. I tried once more to explain to him that the hotel was recommended by the conference organizers and that I was in a real hurry. After a lot of effort from my side, he finally offered the option of punting me in a small room for the first night of my stay. This was the best option for me at the time. I got room 404, a tiny room with no space to leave my luggage

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Chris0st0m0s
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel is pretty standard European except for two rooms on the top floor with your own huge terrance and a private jacuzzi. AMAZING! A very unique and wonderful experience! The location in Manzoni is perfect for seeing the sites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple