1,973 results
All reviewsspanish stepsvia venetorooftop restaurantamerican embassytop floorpastriesjacuzzi bathtrevi fountainvilla borgheseemailed the hoteldeluxe roombreakfast roomlong weekendbeautiful citysite seeingbreakfast is servedcity break
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We already spent several nights in Venice and Florence, so we had a level of expectation when it comes to hotel quality and customer service. This was easily the worst hotel I've had the misfortune of visiting. The front desk staff was very cold and slightly disrespectful. The waiter/host of the breakfast room was quite condescending and insulting to us. The concierge was quite rude when I asked him where the nearest "supermercado" was. He told me that it was May 1st and that most businesses were closed. As a native European, I already knew this, but I also knew that the supermercado would be open the next day, as like a fool, I though that the concierge would be helpful...

Don't ever stay in this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
hotelromanicopalace, customer care at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2009

Dear guest,

thank you for letting us know your thoughts about your recent stay here at the Romanico Palace.
I feel so sorry that you didn't find our staff helpful and "warm" and I can imagine why: the first of May is the workers holiday so most of the shops and public transportation are not working. We saw a vein of disappointment from every guest because you were here to make visits and do shopping but nothing was open/working and we couldn't do anything. I am sorry that you think that we didn't want help you but believe me we did our best to give you the service that we are able to give since years in this business.
Next time you will be in Rome I sincerely hope to meet you again and show you how careful and helpful we can be.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 3, 2009

I stayed at this just under a year ago but to my disappointment my review was never posted first time round but i just had to leave a comment.
I stayed here for a week with my partner and we loved it, it was pretty easy to find and when we got there all the staff were very welcoming and although the room wasn't ready we were given a map of the city and told where a couple of nice places were. When we did eventually check in we were taken to our room, which was very nice and clean. Our towels were replaced everyday and we had no faults with the room or noise at all. The breakfast room up on the roof terrace is amazing and going up there to watch the sunset was very romantic! The hotel is also in a very nice area, not too far from everything you need and good transport links. It is opposite what looks like the american embassy and they dont just put them anywhere so it must have been a very posh area!
If i ever return to Rome i would almost certainly stay here again, we loved every moment of this beautiful city and the hotel just topped it off nicely! friendly staff, good location, clean rooms, what more could you ask for??

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A9881

Dear Guests,

thank you for your lovely words left about our hotel facilities.
We hope we have been helpful to you and contributed to your pleasure.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed June 1, 2009

As a first time visitor to Rome, you can imagine how excited I was to be there. I had already stayed a week in Milan and had a great experience at the hotel. When I arrived, the gentleman behind the front desk told me the room wasn't ready and wouldn't be ready till 2pm, no problem, I knew I was early. At 1:45pm, I noticed he began to register guests, so I went up to the desk thinking he would be able to register me, but his response was " Ma'm, I told you rooms wouldn't be available until 2pm, go back and wait", not in a friendly tone, but in a real condescending and annoyed tone. Every night that we wanted a drink from the bar, we were greeted by another annoyed male employee that looked as if he did not want to be there. On the 2nd to the last day, I finished my breakfast, on the lovely terrace and decided to take a cup of coffee down to my room while I got ready for the day. As I was waiting for the elevator, the same evening bartender, rudely told me "no drinks, you need to drink on the breakfast floor", not only was he rude, but continued to scold me as if I was a child and waived his hand at me, indicating that I needed to go back on the terrace. The hotel is very nicely decorated, clean, not close to anything and has to either re-train their staff on customer service or hire an entire new team, in order for them to continue to attract clients. As a professional, that has worked in the customer service industry for 10+ years, I understand mistakes do happen, but there is always a rude way and a polite way of explaining errors to clients. I truly was appalled that they would have such a rude staff, considering it's a 4 star hotel and they are in the hospitality industry. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone, until the hotel is able to re-think their employee customer service skills. On a positive note, there was one breakfast waiter, that was very nice and always greeted you with a smile. His co-workers, should really learn something from him.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank faby99

Dear Guest,

thank you for your impressions left about your recent stay here at the Romanico Palace. Everytime we have these reviews we take in consideration all your suggestions because we really think that in this way we are able to improve our standards.
I feel very sad because I see a note of disappointment but please let me explain that sometimes, expecially during busy days we might seem a bit careless but this is not because we are unpolite or rude staff. We always try to be helpful and kind with everybody even if in front of us there can be stressed people who had problems with their reservations/journays. I think that sometime if you see a situation not so quite you can understand that our behaviour can change and maybe seem a bit "cold".
We sincerely hope that you can understand our position and maybe one day you will give us the chance to show you all our friendship and professionality.
Best regards

Reviewed June 1, 2009

The front desk is cold and always seem to b dissaproving. Iliana is very nice but the rest of the staff is dismal

Dear Guests,

thank you for the review sent on the tripadvisor. I am so sad to see that a negative note damaged your stay here. Everybody here tries to give their best to make our guests feeling at home and very coddled.
Please accept my apologize if we didn't get the effect desired and give us the possibility to show you all our kindness and careful.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed May 29, 2009

When we arrived there was a mistake with our reservations and there wasnt a room available for our first night's stay. The gentlemen at the front desk were very kind and had made arrangements for the night at another hotel and taxi service was arranged. When we returned the next morning our bags were held and we were told to return at 1-130 to check into our room. We returned to find we were placed in a room with a balcony and a very large tub and shower on the balcony overlooking Rome. We had booked a standard room. The hotel was very clean, the staff was always kind and helpful. Breakfast on the 7th floor was delicious. We had read some earlier reviews stating the drinks in the afteroon on the Terrace were expensive. We did not find the drinks were any more expensive than any other restaurant in Rome and the view was worth the cost of a drink. Overall our stay at Hotel Romanico Palace was much more than we expected and we would recommend the hotel for a lovely stay in Rome. The location is wonderful for touring. The public transportation is very close. The Borghese Museum is just two blocks away, and Via Veneto is a great area with very nice restaurants. A perfect trip for these travelers.

1  Thank G_L_from_MD
hotelromanicopalace, customer care at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2009

Dear Guest,

thank you so much for the review left about our Hotel.
Everybody here is so happy to see that you had a very pleasant stay even if we had some problem with your reservation upon yopur arrival. It is a pleasure for us to hear sincere and warm words from our guests because it means that all our efforts give the desired effects.
I really hope to have the pleasure to meet you again in the next future and all of us is sending you our
Kindest Regards