“A Wonderful Experience”

Hotel Romanico Palace
Ranked #272 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This past summer, we stayed at the Romanico Palace Hotel during the Rome portion of our tour of Rome, Venice, and Florence. We were very pleased with the location as it was a convenient walk to many of the sights of Rome. The hotel is also convenient to many very nice restaurants. The morning breakfast buffet included with the room provided an enjoyable start to each day. But most of all, we were very impressed with the staff. On the third day of our visit, we had to take a taxi to get to a scheduled early morning tour at the Vatican Museum. While hurrying to pay the taxi and get to the tour - I left my camera in the taxi. When we returned to the hotel that evening, I spoke to Giulio and Nicola at the front desk. Since I had my taxi receipt with the identity of the taxi, they assured me that they would be able to get the camera back for me. They took charge of the entire process of contacting the taxi company and making arrangements to have the camera returned. To my amazement, I had my camera back the next day. Neither Giulio nor Nicola would accept any type of tip or reimbursement for their efforts as they felt this was just one part of making our stay comfortable and enjoyable. This was certainly an exceptional effort by the front desk, but we also found the entire staff very helpful, friendly, and genuinely concerned with making our stay a pleasant one. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, and I would certainly recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ralph C
hotelromanicopalace, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

We really enthusiastic about your review and it will be share between all the staff at the Romanico Palace
We thank you again and hope to be at your service for your future trip to Rome!

From all the staff and I GRAZIE!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,772)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was on a tour of southern Italy in October 2012 and spent several days at the Romanico Palace Hotel. It's a big old fashioned hotel of Italian splendor. Beautiful chandeliers, prompt service, breakfast buffets and a great setting! We walked all over Rome and, using normal common sense, felt very safe.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and received a nice corner room. Ask them to activate the air conditioner...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank kathyincornwall
hotelromanicopalace, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Thank you very for your nice review. As you know, we really appreciate when our guests are satisfied of our Hotel and Services. We hope Rome and Hotel Romanico Palace left you with sweet memories and that one day we'll see you again. Best regards.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

On our first trip to Rome to celebrate our wedding anniversary, we stayed at the Romanico Palace. The service was excellent and the rooms offered everything we could ask for.
The staff could not have been more accomodating in helping us with tour bookings and restaurant reservations. Particularly Giulio, Nicolo and Sergio. Breakfast on the rooftop each morning made the hotel that much more convenient and affordable. The quiet lobby bar was a wonderful place to unwind before dinner or bed.
The location allowed us to walk to virtually any tourist destination.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank LMDChicago

Thank you very much from all our Staff, we hope to see you again one day in the future. Cheers.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Romanico during the summer, and have to say i was not overlly impressed! It is classed as four star but was well under my expectations. We checked in and were taken outside into a different building which they said was a new area of the hotel. The room was small and the decoration was quite tacky! We had an aweful view of other peoples rooms and could here the kitchens below, very noisy!! I was expecting a nice view at the least especially when you travel to Rome! The hotel offered little in amenities, there was no room service, the breakfast room had a great view but could only be accessed in the morning so the hotel didnt offer lunch or dinner, you had to pay extra to use the spa facilities, wifi was not free and there was a small bar which only seemed to serve drinks and pastries. Furthermore the staff seemed very uninterested to talk and were not very helpful or friendly.
The location of the hotel was ok slightly out from the main sights but close to the Villa Borguese which was nice to walk around the park. Unfortunatley it didnt give a great start to our holiday when we paid for four star and i feel barely recieved two!
I will not be returning to this hotel and wont be reccommending it either!! Dissapointing

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Holly C
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Rome is very difficult to find a good hotel for less than 200 euros per night. After I get a recommendation from friends who were here I ordered three nights at Rumnico Palace and I would like to note my wife and I very much loved this hotel. It's a great location in the city center near all important place to travel. This room is very special as antique furniture collection and very clean. We liked to eat on the roof of the hotel and there is a great atmosphere with a view of the entire city. Breakfast not great but has everything you need. The staff is always helpful any request and always smiling. I definitely think we go back to this hotel very soon if we are in Rome

Room Tip: High-floor room is fine but asked for a room with a Jacuzzi
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank Cirrus22
Giulio F, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

We thank you very much! We really hope to be at your service again on your next trip to Rome.

As I always say...... GRAZIE

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I'm writing this comment in English, though I'm Italian, for I take in this instance foreigners need more my piece of advice, which is: beware!
I'm often in Rome on business and, alas, in this specific venue: unfortunately, the choice of the hotel is not up to me. Personally I would avoid what boils down to a tourist trap.
In brief: you don't get value for your money here. The only praise I can share is that rooms are generally clean (even if sometimes musty). On the other hand, service is poor, breakfast is embarrassing, rooms are next to a monk's cell, but pretentious (awkward mix), the choice of tv channels (if the tv set works) is third rate, pay tv is an unknown item, don't even think of internet connection in your room (it will cost you a fortune) and be really patient when you wait for the elevator.
Finally the bill is far from cheap. You can get more in the same neighbourhood for the same price (or less).
To sum up: avoid it, if just you can.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
11  Thank Rap2012
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Excellent location, service and cleanliness! The service is very good and friendly, the rooms are nicely decorated and clean! The online purchase went very well and check-in/check-out were very fast. It was possible to store luggage after checkout at no extra cost.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple