“Excellent hotel in Rome city center”

Hotel Romanico Palace
Ranked #274 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Rome is very difficult to find a good hotel for less than 200 euros per night. After I get a recommendation from friends who were here I ordered three nights at Rumnico Palace and I would like to note my wife and I very much loved this hotel. It's a great location in the city center near all important place to travel. This room is very special as antique furniture collection and very clean. We liked to eat on the roof of the hotel and there is a great atmosphere with a view of the entire city. Breakfast not great but has everything you need. The staff is always helpful any request and always smiling. I definitely think we go back to this hotel very soon if we are in Rome

Room Tip: High-floor room is fine but asked for a room with a Jacuzzi
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank Cirrus22
Giulio F, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

We thank you very much! We really hope to be at your service again on your next trip to Rome.

As I always say...... GRAZIE

Write a ReviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I'm writing this comment in English, though I'm Italian, for I take in this instance foreigners need more my piece of advice, which is: beware!
I'm often in Rome on business and, alas, in this specific venue: unfortunately, the choice of the hotel is not up to me. Personally I would avoid what boils down to a tourist trap.
In brief: you don't get value for your money here. The only praise I can share is that rooms are generally clean (even if sometimes musty). On the other hand, service is poor, breakfast is embarrassing, rooms are next to a monk's cell, but pretentious (awkward mix), the choice of tv channels (if the tv set works) is third rate, pay tv is an unknown item, don't even think of internet connection in your room (it will cost you a fortune) and be really patient when you wait for the elevator.
Finally the bill is far from cheap. You can get more in the same neighbourhood for the same price (or less).
To sum up: avoid it, if just you can.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
11  Thank Rap2012
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Excellent location, service and cleanliness! The service is very good and friendly, the rooms are nicely decorated and clean! The online purchase went very well and check-in/check-out were very fast. It was possible to store luggage after checkout at no extra cost.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tiag0_Ribeir0
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was my second lengthy stay at the Romanico Palace. Nearly 8 weeks this time and it was even better than my previous stint of 6 weeks. The staff is wonderful, providing anything anyone could need. Staying for 8 weeks, I developed a good rapport with many of the fine employees and they always made me feel welcome, as part of a large, warm and closely-knit Italian family. The corner room was spacious and always clean. Breakfast on the top floor was absolutely my favorite time of each day. I'll stop now before I resort to what may seem like hyperbole even though I would be absolutely sincere about my satisfaction with the Romanico Palace.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Todd M
Giulio F, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Todd,
It is us that have to thank you! We truly appreciate your custom and look forward to be at your service on your next trip to Rome

GRAZIE

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Not only is this hotel in a great area, the staff go out of their way to assist with any request. Piero Cassini and Julio exceeded my expectations. Julio recommended two local restaurants and a local pizzeria that were amazing and Piero greeted me by name each day as we returned from our tours. And there is a local super market a few blocks away that had so many things.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Richard P
Giulio F, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon
From all the staff and I .....Grazie!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel Romanico was a perfect location for the first two nights of our Italian Road trip. We were slightly wary when we learned that we were based in the Annexe. However, it was this that added to our enjoyment of our stay in Rome. Our room was on the 7th Floor, reached by an old , charminmg lift. The room was decorated in Baroque style , however the bathroom was very much of this century. Breakfast was served in the Roof top restaurant, which afforded 360 degree view over the Eternal City. The location was perfect, within easy reach of the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and Villa Borghese. It was also really quiet. We managed to obtain a really good deal for two nights and would definitely recommend Romanico.

Room Tip: We loved being ion the Annexe, as it was really quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank LeedsAsset

GRAZIE!
Your review make us proud of our job!
We really hope to be at your service on your next trip to Rome

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I travelled with my 2 sisters around Europe, found this hotel so clean, the bathroom was good. The guy in the front desk, Michael, was friendly and the bell boy was helpful. It was only a short visit, hope to come back again next time.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family