“Still the only place to stay in Rome!”

Hotel Romanico Palace
Ranked #264 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was my second lengthy stay at the Romanico Palace. Nearly 8 weeks this time and it was even better than my previous stint of 6 weeks. The staff is wonderful, providing anything anyone could need. Staying for 8 weeks, I developed a good rapport with many of the fine employees and they always made me feel welcome, as part of a large, warm and closely-knit Italian family. The corner room was spacious and always clean. Breakfast on the top floor was absolutely my favorite time of each day. I'll stop now before I resort to what may seem like hyperbole even though I would be absolutely sincere about my satisfaction with the Romanico Palace.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Todd M
Giulio F, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Todd,
It is us that have to thank you! We truly appreciate your custom and look forward to be at your service on your next trip to Rome

GRAZIE

Write a ReviewReviews (1,791)

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Not only is this hotel in a great area, the staff go out of their way to assist with any request. Piero Cassini and Julio exceeded my expectations. Julio recommended two local restaurants and a local pizzeria that were amazing and Piero greeted me by name each day as we returned from our tours. And there is a local super market a few blocks away that had so many things.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Richard P
Giulio F, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon
From all the staff and I .....Grazie!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel Romanico was a perfect location for the first two nights of our Italian Road trip. We were slightly wary when we learned that we were based in the Annexe. However, it was this that added to our enjoyment of our stay in Rome. Our room was on the 7th Floor, reached by an old , charminmg lift. The room was decorated in Baroque style , however the bathroom was very much of this century. Breakfast was served in the Roof top restaurant, which afforded 360 degree view over the Eternal City. The location was perfect, within easy reach of the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and Villa Borghese. It was also really quiet. We managed to obtain a really good deal for two nights and would definitely recommend Romanico.

Room Tip: We loved being ion the Annexe, as it was really quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank LeedsAsset

GRAZIE!
Your review make us proud of our job!
We really hope to be at your service on your next trip to Rome

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I travelled with my 2 sisters around Europe, found this hotel so clean, the bathroom was good. The guy in the front desk, Michael, was friendly and the bell boy was helpful. It was only a short visit, hope to come back again next time.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Anita H
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at this hotel. Our group was quite large (38) and we only had to wait 1/2 hour for our rooms to be ready for each pairing. The staff was very, very friendly and accomodating. The boutique feel and design provided a warm feeling. I extremely loved the room key system. The rooftop restaurant with those beautiful views day and night was an extra plus; AND the fact is that this hotel location was perfect for our evening stroll to Via Veneto was like an extra (2) scoops of gelatina . The room accomdated our 2 twin-bed sleepers with more than enough room. The staff was MORE than accomodating. Yes, several staffers did double duty as Front desk attendants, concierge desk and awesome bartending, but they ALL did it with a smile and a kind greeting each and every time I saw them. This was the first stop on our "Italian Intermezzo" Tour and I was truly pleased. The hotel even allowed our group to have its own " late night with Bubba" tradition commonly know amongst our group as the " hanging-out-until-3am-if-we-wanted-to" club. The staff was certainly friendly and gave helpful notes on exploring the area, how to get to the Spanish Steps, great restaurants and cafe' reviews and whatever else we needed
I had a blast.

Room Tip: I had an end room. A little noisy with trucks and buses, but I enjoyed it a lot
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank JoyfulOne124
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel Romanico is a charming hotel, the staff were friendly on check in, and took our bags up to the room.

We walked everywhere from the hotel, its a little far for some attractions but its a pleasant walk along to the Spanish Steps.

The room itself was lovely, good sized bed and bathroom, clean, and interesting decor..! There was a good minibar, safe and flat screen tv. Not many english channels but is that really a problem?! Air con worked great, very welcome when it was 36 degrees outside.

Breakfast was great but a bit expensive. Usual continental food with pastries, yoghurts etc. Decent coffee though!

Would definitely recommend for a few days in Rome.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StuartCuss
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Off on another anniversary trip away without the children (thanks mam & dad x) we booked the hotel looking for a romantic city centre location.

The photos on booking.com looked so sumptuous and luxurious. Exactly that i had in mind being chief in charge of organising our break..a bit OTT perhaps for Mr N but it was my bag so having read a few reviews, I double checked the location and booked Hotel Romanico Palace full of expectation.

We made our way from Fiumicino Airport via Express train (34 euro for 2 - 30 min journey) to Termini station in Rome. Pleasant journey bit of a rush to get seats though. We then had a 2 stop journey on Rome's metro station to Barberini metro station which was nearest to the hotel. TIP...metro system is very busy and very warm. With a case to pull, bags & coats to carry and trying to find the right train (we got on the wrong one) I would recommend just getting the taxi from the airport but only if u can agree an upfront cost. We paid 48 euro for the taxi back (arranged through HRP ) so for all the hassle there we only saved 2 euro!!! We then had quite a walk uphill to the hotel with bags & cases.

On walking through the doors the first thing i saw was the little fountain i recognised from the web pics with the white tassles and glass beads. Only the tassles now had black mould on them.. It would't have taken much for the mould to have been cut off, still leaving enough tassles for effect. Hmmm my OCD kicking in?!!

Reception is small, but staff were efficient on check in so all was forgiven.

Our room was on the second floor and had a red/ gold theme. It looked more theatrical than rich & opponent. It was more reminiscent of a scene from Carry On Up Pompei... It felt false & forced.

There was a mini bar, AC, nice sized bathroom (with bday?!!) and A hydro massage bath!!! The best feature (I thought at the time) Turns out you have to pay 18 euro to have it activated... Which we did as we planned to do a lot of walking so knew it would be needed!!) It still didn't work even when the bell boy returned to 'fix' it... Gutted. We were refunded and given a '2 free drinks chitty' for the bar. Still gutted.

Plasma tv has 2 English channels... BBC news & CNN. Mr N only had it on whilst waiting on me getting ready for our evening meals!!! So no issue for us really.

Mini bar well stocked and fairly priced :)

Hair dryer in bathroom was an issue for me. You have to keep the switch depressed to use which proved a nuisance. I kept having to swop hands as my thumb ached after only a few moments. This would be almost impossible for anyone with old fractures/arthritis etc!!

Another issue for me was no full-length mirror anywhere in the room.

We didn't have any views from our room but the views from the breakfast terrace on 7th floor were spectacular!!

Breakfast was average continental. No option for cooked I'm afraid :( Gutted.

Although pleasant, if you're looking for 'special' I would book elsewhere. For the price I don't think this hotel ticked enough boxes. Mr N and I are well traveled and had high hopes for this hotel.

I'm thinking I may be sacked from my role as chief trip organiser from now on :(

• Stayed: September 2012