“Excellent”

Ranked #613 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We arrived late in the evening and throughout our 5 night stay our trip could not have been made any easier by the helpful staff. They all speak and understand English really well and were really helpful when it came to giving advice on transport and the easiest way to get around. It was busy at night but you do get used to it, and we slept really well because the bed was comfortable. I would go as far as saying it is the most comfortable sleep I have ever had in any hotel. Breakfast was basic but ample. They have a 24 hour reception and although the gates are locked at 9pm, there is a buzzer to let you in without delay after these hours. Although they come in and tidy the room, make the bed etc... every day, they encourage visitors to use their towels and bedding more than once but this didn't bother us at all. Cannot fault them on anything at all really.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The hotel is about ten minutes from Termini by the lovely old fashioned trams that pass through the square opposite the hotel - so it was ideally located for the open top bus trips we took each day. We were made very welcome by the reception staff, which made our stay very enjoyable.

Nice large rooms and modern bathrooms were very pleasant. There is a lovely rooftop terrace where you can watch the antics of Roman drivers! The breakfast area is "intimate" and the buffet breakfast was very good. Recommend La Pecora Pazza ristorante nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel gets a 4 star review mainly due to the helpful and friendly staff, which offset the disturbed sleep. We didn't have outdoor noise to contend with because we got the room next to the lobby but unfortunately all the voices from the lobby could be heard loud and clear; a guest who came in late at night ended up having a conversation with the concierge who had a booming deep voice.
The staff had a good attitude when offering suggestions and complying with various requests such as calling for dinner reservations, luggage storage, and taxi calling. The night concierge who didn't speak English even came across as friendly.
The room was small and the mattress had minimal cushioning though I can’t say whether or not it was average compared to the competition in the same price range as I have no basis for comparison. There was also no safe in the room.
In my opinion the breakfast was satisfying; hard boiled eggs, cold cuts, cheese, bread, pastries, cereal, yogurt, juice, and good coffee. The wifi was included and we had no issues with it.
We arrived from the train station and our taxi to the hotel was just under 10 Euros. It was funny and somewhat disturbing that the slimy fake taxi drivers that try and get in your way at the taxi stand would tell you 30 Euros.
The Coliseum is definitely within walking distance and about double the distance to the Metro stop. From the hotel to the Manzoni Metro stop was a 10 minute brisk walk.

Room Tip: The room on the main floor is subjected to noise from the lobby.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Windy01
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hotel Latinum was the perfect little hotel. The staff were always friendly and extremely helpful with directions, recommendations and even looked up train and bus times to areas outside of rome for us. They even gave us a free little bottle of sparkling wine after we drank the one from the mini fridge and left it on the bode for us with 2 champagne flutes.
The room was extremely clean and had everything you would need for a short stay. The breakfast was typical Italian - pastries, bread rolls, ham, cheese and jams, and cereals, and totally delicious (my personal favourite was the custard stuffed croissant -yum!). We never had to wait or queue for a table and went down for bfast at various times throughout the week. Delicious coffee to start the morning with. The hotel was only a 10 min walk from the colosseum which was great for our first day, and only 5 mins from the nearest metro station. Some other reviewers have said the area was a bit dodgy but we (2 women) felt perfectly comfortable there at night. We also found that the street noise is nowhere near as bad as people have said! The windows are very effective at keeping the noise out.
Overall we had a fantastic time and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Swan Hill
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Good location however a bit of traffic noise at night (between 2 hospitals, ambulance sirens frequent). Rooms were clean and staff were helpful. Yolanda spoke very good English and was very helpful. Lovely little restaurant on corner opposite.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Nenenbill
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Chose this hotel because it was the only 4 star I could find which was within walking distance of city centre, but didn't cost £300 a night and had reasonable reviews.

When approaching the hotel I was a bit dubious because the surrounding streets seemed a bit rough however upon entering the hotel lobby I was pleasantly surprised. Very smart, clean and the greeting by the receptionist was friendly and welcoming. Our room was a good size, although ensuite didn't have a bath but I think this is fairly standard these days. I sent an email to the hotel 12 hours before check-in asking for them to get me some flowers and chocolates for the room, this was no problem and my partner thought it was fabulous on arrival.

Now the bits that weren't quite perfect - the bed was in my opinion very uncomfortable, hard and could feel the springs. My partner didn't mind as much but I did wake up aching quite a bit. Secondly, take earplugs! The city is very noisy with hooting trams and drivers that are absolutely crazy. This was really my first city break so maybe it's just that I'm not used to the city life. The hotel is about 1 mile walk to any of the tourist spots or the central termini. We were warned by receptionist not to make the walk after dark as the area can be bit dangerous for tourists. I think most of the city is like that. We used the metro which was only a short walk from the hotel. Finally, the receptionist on checkout (different to check-in) was a bit abrupt. He wanted our final payment of 57 euros (for flowers and room tax) to be made with cash. As it was our last day I didn't have that much left. Eventually I persuaded him to take my credit card, but then he didn't seem to know how to operate the card machine. I had to show him...I'd say this is fairly basic stuff for a hotel receptionist?!

Any way, over all we were pleased and we had a nice stay in Rome, I will use this hotel again when on a lower budget.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel to base in for Rome, a quick taxi ride from Termini and close to the underground stations.

Rooms are well appointed, clean and modern. Breakfast is slightly disappointing, you have to queue for a table and it doesn't have the best assortment!

Apart from that it's great.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple