Mirabilia Urbis Tours

from $112.73
More Info
from $112.73
More Info
All reviews she brings great teacher ancient rome private tour daniella renaissance lecture audience stories significance knowledge ruins forum art sites pantheon
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2016

My daughter, a college freshman studying Classics, remarked after Daniella's four-hour tour: "I hope to get tours like that for all the sights we visit from now on." Despite miserable rain and cold, Daniella proved to be the ultimate trouper as our guide. She was thorough, entertaining, deeply knowledgeable, and well-worth the price of our private tour of Rome's Forum and Palatine Hill. I felt like I should receive college credit for her wonderful walking seminar, given how much I learned. This was our best visit to Rome thus far thanks to Daniella's well-organized, interactive, and enlightening presentation. We HIGHLY recommend her.

Date of experience: March 2016
2  Thank Amy494
Reviewed October 7, 2015

My husband and I took a journey through time with Daniella, visiting the Forum and the Palatine Hill. Her knowledge of Roman history and her obvious passion for this wonderful city made this history come to life. We only had time for this one tour, and wish we could have availed ourselves of her other options.

Date of experience: September 2015
2  Thank Marilyn K
Reviewed September 24, 2015

During a week in Rome our family of six, spanning three generations, took three separate tours with Daniella and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
We posed an interesting challenge. Some of us had been to Rome before, some not and with varying depths of interest about ancient history, and with two teens who needed to be kept engaged in the process. Our goal was to gain historical context and color to bring the sights to life, without getting too bogged down in historical detail.

Daniella exceeded our expectations. She has a deep understanding of things ancient, as evidenced by the furrowing of her brow when she overhears another guide providing historical misinformation on a topic. She provided us with many insights and managed to keep everyone engaged and interested. She has an obvious passion for her work. Her website provides a wealth of information on the tours she offers and she was extremely thorough and prompt in replying to all our questions during the planning stages.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed August 8, 2015 via mobile

Last May we decided to hire a guide to show us Rome. We had a few days before our cruise to see some sights and I wanted to make the most of it. Before I travel, I do my homework, reading guidebooks, Trip Adviser reviews, etc. to figure out exactly what I want to do and see. I reached out to Daniella after reading so many positive reviews. Immediately I knew that she was the right person for us. Daniella is passionate about Roman civilization and history. She is truly an expert at all things Roman, and she gets so excited about teaching and showing others what the ancient Romans accomplished. Daniella sent me a list of things she normally recommends to do for first-timers. I told her I really wanted to see the Villa Farnesina, and she wrote back that it was one of her favorite Villas and she was excited that we chose it. Needless to say we were super happy with Daniella. She is passionate about teaching and she is funny and quirky and high energy all in one. She literally majored in Roman history in college here in America before moving to Rome. We were thoroughly entertained for three days and when it was over, we felt like we knew much more about Rome and it's marvels than most visitors would learn in 10 trips.

One more thing I should mention is that for the 3 of us, we spent way less with Daniella and got so much more out of it than we have had with the ship excursion tours that we looked at. I feel like I have a good friend in Rome now that I will certainly call again the next time we return to Rome.Thanks Daniella for making our trip to Rome so memorable.

Date of experience: May 2015
2  Thank PagefromCamarillo
Reviewed July 22, 2015

We are a family of three (Mom, Dad & teenage son) from Ontario Canada.
We travel often, and are very interested in learning about the history of the places we visit. For this reason we like to hire private guides whenever possible.
We had the good fortune to be able to hire Daniella Hunt for two days as our guide on our recent trip to Rome.
From beginning to end it was a really positive experience. We contacted Daniella by e-mail and she promptly replied. Communication was excellent! We had a tight schedule, and many questions. Daniella worked with us to determine our interests, and to figure out what the best itinerary for our trip would be. Her emails were always quickly replied to in a friendly, informative, and helpful manner.
On our first day we decided on a Campus Martius tour. Daniella met us right on time at the top of the Spanish Steps. Immediately we enjoyed her enthusiastic manner and sense of humour. She was VERY knowledgeable about Roman history, but also clearly enjoyed her job as well. We loved her interactive questions and interesting story telling.
The following day Daniella took us on a tour of the Vatican. Again she was right on schedule where we agreed to meet. We walked past the HUGE line for tickets and right into the Vatican Museum. Again her knowledge and enthusiasm was outstanding. We really felt that she took the time to listen to what we were interested in seeing and tailored the tour specifically for us.
I would highly recommend Daniella to anyone travelling to Rome. We learned so many things we never would have otherwise, and in such a fun way.

Date of experience: July 2015