“Believe the reviews!”

Ranked #304 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Believe the reviews!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Like some of the other reviews I've seen on this hotel, I was a little pessimistic that it would be as good as the hype. Great central location, the room was great value. The mini bar prices were reasonable. Rooms equipped with Sky and WiFi issues must have been resolved, as we had no problems. Good range for breakfast too. A great eye for detail in this hotel..dolphin design in the cappuchino, breakfast laid out beautifully. Necessary no, nice yes! Will return, I have a coin in the Trevi that says so....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gareth J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Hotel Artorius was the perfect place to stay during our trip to Rome! It was within walking distance of several major sites and lots of great restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were very nice to spend time with us and give us recommendations everytime we stopped by the front desk. The rooms were nice and large. The complimentary breakfast was DELICIOUS - and the little smiley face in my cappuccino was icing on the cake. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank tinach01
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed January 8, 2014

It is a nice hotel with very friendly staff. It was my first time in Rome and the hotel was easy to find only 15-20 min walk from Termini. The Hotels location is good easy to walk to the major must see places. There are several restaurants nearby and a minimarket just in front of the hotel. The room was nothing out of the extraordinary , good size and clean. Breakfast included is always nice. I can with easiy recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank VictorsTrip1
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This was our fourth visit to rome. It was by far the best hotel we have ever stayed in and would do so again, great location.The room was spacious very clean friendly staff and lovely croissants for breakfast.
I will be recommending this hotel to friends and family.

Happy new year to all the great staff!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Georgiades1
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at Artorius was nothing short of wonderful, hotel staff were very welcoming and happy to assist with everything. Granted the hotel is slightly aged, but charming nonetheless. My only concern is that the breakfast selection was quite limited with no variation from day to day. Apart from that, everything was perfect.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christy L
Bassano Del Grappa, Italy
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights, and I think this hotel worked out very well for us.

I really like this location for staying in Roma. It is a safe area. There are several good restaurants nearby. We walked almost everywhere, and there is a metro stop nearby to get to other areas. We came by train and even walked to the station. But I don't know if I would recommend that for those that have a lot of luggage. A taxi to the station is only around 10euros.

The hotel was very clean.
Our room was quite large. The neighboring room had a balcony right outside our window. Our neighbors never were out there, but would be a problem if you happened to get stuck next to the wrong people.
It was pretty cool when we were in Roma. The room stayed warm, but the bathroom was freezing.
The staff were very nice.
The breakfast is fine. Cappuccinos and latte macchiatos. I did not care for the croissants, but I don't care for the croissants at most italian cafes anyway, so that is just my opinion. The breakfast area is outside, so it was quite chilly when we were there.
Overall, this is a great hotel for the price. I think most people would enjoy staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stacey M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Was really happy that I'd found this hotel based on previous reviews. It might only have a couple of star rating, but it has nice rooms (I paid a little more for one of the larger ones , which was downstairs off a little courtyard). It was clean, comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
I did find I needed an extra blanket on the bed in November, (the floors of the lower, larger rooms are marble and can get a bit chilly, while smaller and carpeted upstairs) but this was provided as soon as I asked and I was then perfectly comfortable. Heating was via the air con unit.
The hotel does not have a restaurant, but a buffet breakfast is served in a marquee type structure in the courtyard in winter and is perfectly adequate.
One of the best things is the location. Only a ten minute walk from Cavour Metro station, which is one stop from Termini. Also only about 10-15 minutes walk from Trevi and the Coliseum and Forum, but despite this in a quiet street. Several nice little local restaurants close by. Would definitely stay here again and recommend wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: Larger rooms on ground floor would be lovely in summer and have patio doors onto a small terrace. Ro...