Staff was evasive about when our room would be ready even though it was past check-in time. About an hour wait.
Do not book if you have a physical disability - stair climbing can't be avoided. The elevator is one floor up. We took the elevator up two flloors and had to walk down another flight to get to our room. As you walked in to the entry, our shower was in the left and the bathroom on the right. You had to step up from the entry in to the room. Going to the bathroom at night could be dangerous if you forgot to step down. The place is ancient and has charm - hence the crazy stairs and levels. At least someone carried our luggage (poor guy).
The AC didn't work at first, but after they messed with the remote it worked. Took about a 2 hour response.
Windows opened overlooking the fountain area and it was noisy, but quiet when closed.
Rooms were clean, but the bath drain smelled off & on (expected for an old building).
Beds were firm in a strange way, but I slept fine to my surprise. We had to ask for softer pillows and they complied.
Great breakfast patio area looking out over the fountain. Breakfast was good - great coffee too. Go early, there is one table with a great view.
I wouldn't stay there again only because of the crowds. but it was empty before 10:00, then the crowds came & stayed until midnight or later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Relais Trevi Fountain RomeWelcome to the Relais Trevi Fountain in the historical centre of Rome, the ideal accommodation for an unforgettable romantic break in one of the world’s oldest and most spellbinding cities. Our luxury rooms & suites in the historical centre of Rome has undergone recent refurbishment to make it an immaculate yet personable accommodation in which you can set your mind at ease and make the most out of the cityThe Trevi FountainOne of Rome’s most popular landmarks and probably the most famous fountain in the world, the stunning Fontana di Trevi was immortalised in the 1960 classic Fellini film La Dolce Vita, starring Marcello Mastroianni and Anita Ekberg - who famously frolics in the fountain on a balmy Roman night. Needless to say, frolicking in the fountain today will probably land you with a hefty fine to pay, but if you can resist diving in, this beautiful Renaissance masterpiece is generally regarded as one of Rome’s most romantic spots.Our LocationTaking our name from the fountain, which is just a few metres away from the entrance to our luxury rooms & suites, the Relais Fontana di Trevi puts guests deep in the cobble-stoned heart of renaissance Rome, with other landmarks such as the Spanish Steps and Piazza Barberini within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Relais Fontana Di Trevi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Fontana Di Trevi Hotel Rome
- Relais Fontana Di Trevi Rome