Relais Fontana Di Trevi
Ranked #135 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We wanted to stay in Rome for one night at the tail-end of of two weeks cruise. I was traveling with my grandmother who wanted to be near the Trevi fountain. After reading all the reviews about the hotels around the fountain I choose this one - and I am so happy I did. It really was like being in my own private movie. The place is easy enough to find, and the location was perfect. Our suite was one of the one which looks out at the fountain. The staff we're very friendly and the room was very clean. The hotel structure is a bit odd though. The hallways aren't level. There are 2 inch risers every 10 feet or so. I wasn't paying attention on my way out of our room and ended up falling over one of them - and broke my foot. Other than that - it was the perfect stay. Music was playing right outside the window, you could hear the fountain from inside the room and the terrace is just an incredible place to sit. Even with the broken foot, this hotel is my favourite and whenever I got back to Rome, this is where I'll stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marlo P

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We recently stayed at the Relais Fontana Di Trevi on my first trip to Rome. The hotel is within a stone's throw of the Trevi Fountain. It is a great central location with in walking distance to the Spanish Steps, Coliseum, Palazzo Navona and Popolo and well - virtually everything.
We traveled with our 6 month old infant and the Staff was very kind and generous -They had a crib set up with sheets and a pillow for us in the room. Every morning the breakfast staff brought out a highchair for her to sit in. The roof terrace for Breakfast is amazing - great vantage point to see the fountain above all the other tourists.
The room was a cool combination of modern and ancient (in a good way). The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms are nice. The WiFi worked well (we had one moment of it not working but it was resolved).
We had a room that faced the street - so it was a touch noisy due to street/tourist traffic. Completely normal for this part of town and once you closed the windows 80% of the noise was gone.

Over all - a great boutique hotel in a fabulous location.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank SK_MBinNYC
Relais Trevi Fo... T, Supervisor at Relais Fontana Di Trevi, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review!
We're so glad you had a good experience and appreciated our service.
Your opinion is important to us, in order to improve and do always better for our guests.
We really hope to have you here again.

Kindly

Linda Vagnarelli
Supervisor

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Came here on honeymoon and got upgraded to a larger room which was a nice touch. However the upgrade is what I would have expected from a standard room. The breakfast was excellent and the staff in the breakfast room extremely friendly. The outside balcony where breakfast is served is excellent with a view right onto the fountain. I felt one of the staff on reception was a bit clueless with regards to some simple local information which we had asked for. I thought the location as mentioned is excellent with easy access to all the main attractions and a 5 minute walk to the underground station. Plenty of eateries and a good vibe around. Having had said that I'm not sure I would stay in this hotel again, the surrounding area had the vibe but I'm not sure the hotel did.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank windsurfingstevo
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Loved every minute spent at this hotel and in Rome. Easy walking distance to the Pantheon, Piazza Navona and with an abundance of restaurants in the area it's the perfect base to explore. The staff were very helpful. They arranged a chauffeur driven Mercedes for the same price we paid for a normal taxi from the airport for our return flight. It's noisy around the fountain area but in our room when we closed the windows we couldn't hear anything outside. I do wish they would do something about the looky looky men around every popular sight in Rome, but out in force around the fountain. They are such a nuisance and the Carabiniere have their machine guns to hand ! (Only joking). This of course is no reflection on a great hotel. Grazie.

Room Tip: We had room 106. Large room, clean, open the window and there's the fountain. Wonderful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Pauljgrey
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this excellent hotel. Amazing location within spitting distance of the Trevi fountain. Very lively and busy street with loads of shops and restaurants but absolutely NO noise in the hotel itself. Wonderful views of the fountain from the breakfast terrace.
Excellent staff, very good breakfast, all the usual cold meats, cheeses, fruit, cereals and pastries also scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages. The rooms where comfy with spacious bathrooms and powerful shower. As I had no idea where to locate for this trip to Rome I spent many hours on tripadvisor and I just wanted to reassure anybody else who is thinking of going to Rome that they will not be disappointed if they stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 104 my friend stayed in room 204 and we had double beds for single occupancy which I...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed March 10, 2014

first visit to rome this hotel has the most amazing location the room was large spotlessly clean and had everthing you needed breakfast was ok could of done with maybe bit more choice staff really friendly helpfull and welcoming

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank wisees95
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel is directly opposite the fountain. Our rooms overlooked the actual fountain and you would never tire of looking at it. Its not a grand hotel and the entrance and reception look a bit tired and worn but its very clean and the staff are very nice. Breakfast was on the top floor overlooking the fountain, just a simple breakfast but very nice.
It did seem expensive but the location was everything, perfect for our first visit to Rome but not our last.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms opposite fountain, you will not be disappointed and there is a lift. During the day a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family