“Simple, Clean, Great Location! I recommend it!”
Review of WRH Trastevere

WRH Trastevere
Ranked #186 of 3,739 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I traveled alone to Rome in the middle of the high summer season. I tried to find a rental through airbnb but WHR was a better price. This was the perfect choice for me. Upon arrival I was greeted by the friendly host\owner who was nothing but sweet and easy going. He gave me a map of the city to take and his recommendations without being overbearing. The property set up is like a city apartment containing 5 (I think) separate private rooms with private bathrooms. There is a small common lounge with a little kitchen set up. Each door had its own key and lock. My room was set up like a studio apartment, with no separation besides an attractive curtain between the room and my shower, toilet and sink. I was out all day sightseeing and came home late each day. The room was perfectly air conditioned (my top priority in July), my bed was very comfortable, and everything was quiet and clean. Coffee was provided from a self service machine which I liked. I loved the neighborhood away from heavy tourist traffic but near everything I needed. There was a small TV, loaner laptop computer, and hair dryer provided in the room...none of which I used but they were there. I would stay here again next time I am in Rome. This is a great place for a self sufficient value oriented traveler looking for a great location and comfort.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank SARAH C

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Room #5 has high ceilings comfortable double bed along with a day bed and a spacious bathroom with nice fixtures. The AC unit is effective and silent which distinguishes it from the noisy a/c units we encountered elsewhere in Italy. The room has a view of other apartments and a quiet street.
There is a common area with a fridge, hot plate, a coffee maker and magazines.

This hotel is in a ideal location within walking distance of many of Rome's prime attractions provided you are capable of walking at least two hours at a time. There is also lively night night life both along the Tevere and in the neighborhood just to the northwest of the hotel past Viale Trastevere.

As noted by many others the staff here is informative and provides enthusiastic service. They are available during business hours only.

The breakfast voucher is ok, provides you a free coffee, croissant and surprisingly, freshly squeezed orange juice.
They offer a shuttle service from FCO which is convenient but may be a touch more expensive than taking a taxi from the airport. You may wish to research this aspect before booking the service.

It is great place to stay and is highly recommended provided you do not require a full service hotel.

1  Thank Arseniclad
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Absolutely wonderful place to stay - I would not have changed a thing! Lovely bright rooms, very clean, lovely fresh beds, and a PERFECT location in Trastevere - we walked everywhere....plus, Fabrizio was fantastic at recommending places to eat and things to do - so genuine and wanted to make sure that we had a good time, which we did!! We loved the idea of going to a little local cafe for our breakfast as part of our stay in the hotel - the real Rome expereince. We would love to go back to Rome and if we do, THIS PLACE is where we would stay. Truly lovely and cannot recommend it highly enough!!

1  Thank victoria924
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Fabrizio and Luigi are great - reservations for dinner, recommendations on what to see, etc...location is good, easy walk to Vatican and great restaurants, roman ruins, art museum, etc...train station is about 1.5 miles and no direct way to walk there so plan on 45-55 mins to snake around in the city to get there. Clean room and breakfast at nearby cafe with fresh OJ, fresh coffee, nice pastry, and locals. Good value for price - would like a small snack perhaps in reception area in afternoons after walking all day - cold bottle of water and maybe pastry would be a nice touch. Wine in room when we arrived nice touch. We stayed in the M Monroe room - comfy new foam beds that slept great! I think it is an Italian thing to not have artwork on the walls but this B&B was consistent with very other hotel I have stayed in many trips - painted stucco walls w/o decor. Recommended.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JBlade1967
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The staff were lovely, super nice and helpful. The rooms are super clean, lovely decorated and spacious. We even had a little tray with wine and biscuits in our room, with a note "Welcome to Rome"! The locations couldn't be better, the cafe where breakfast is served is really cute. Plus there is free coffee and water all the time in the common areas :)
Big Thumbs up!

Room Tip: Choose the blue room, it has a beautiful light!
1  Thank mariaortiz
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This convenient, clean, modern, straightforward and non presumptuous hotel is located at the trendy Trastevere neighborhood and compared to Rome's rate standards the price-performance ratio is excellent. The area is very safe day and night. Notwithstanding the above, our highest compliment must be awarded to Luigi. With his multiple language capabilities (including Spanish) he advised us unconditionally well on two of our most favorite restaurants in our whole trip in Italy. In addition he is always very attentive and eager to assist in any way possible. We will definitely return and recommend WHR Trastevere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adrianademosquera
Reviewed April 27, 2013

...and Luigi, etc.. The staff of WRH make this place one of the best BB's I've used in Rome. This was my first time at WRH. I was prepared to have a good experience after one of the operators, Fabrizio, graciously spent weeks communicating with me about ideas and recommendations for this trip. The location is also perfect. Easy to find...good value...excellent facilities. Great choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family