WRH Trastevere
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Residenza San Calisto(Rome)
Great 4.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bgreat neighborhoodbars and restaurantsfirst floorvisiting romeperfect locationmain roadgreat roomair conditioningcentral romecroissantsboutique hotellaptoptrasteveretramluigicornetto
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 22, 2011

WRH Trastevere is the perfect mixture of a hotel, a B&B and an apartment rental. Basically, it consists of several bedrooms on one floor of a small apartment building. There is one common room--with a kitchen where you can easily make your own delicious espresso--which I did first thing every morning. Fabrizio and Maria are perfect hosts, very sweet, very smart, very helpful and never intrusive. The fact that they are only there during the day makes the place feel more like your own--which wears well over a long stay. We stayed for 5 nights. The rooms are very minimal but function well. The location cannot be beat. One block off Viale Trastevere--the main artery through Trastevere, yet on a quiet side street. A few blocks from the Tiber and a bridge that crosses right into the Jewish Ghetto area--and all very convenient to Piazza Navona, Campo dei fiori, the Pantheon--and, going the other direction, Testaccio. Pizzeria Marmi is right around the corner, as is the best food in Rome (at Le Mani in Pasta). I've stayed in many places in Rome and this is a place I will certainly return to again. I look forward to it.

Room Tip: Go for the biggest rooms.
Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Larry F
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This was our first trip to Rome in September 2011, and when we arrived at WRH Trastevere we were greeted warmly by our host Fabrizio. With a carafe of wine waiting for us in our room & after short rest Fabrizio was extremely helpful and advised us on the best sights to see & the restaurants to dine at. We highly recommend this accommodation as it's clean & fresh, extremely comfortable, so close to the major attractions with Maria & Fabrizio being fantastic hosts. We plan on returning in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Evan H
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I just knew from the moment I initially enquired about this accommodation it was going to be great. Well I was right. Booking was personal, professional and friendly. Your hosts are Maria and Fabrizio, plus a very efficient and friendly cleaner. They booked our airport transfers which were also efficient, friendly, hassle free with a very clean vehicle our driver was Jacamo.

Please be clear this is not a 24 hour hotel with all the impersonal service normally associated with these establishments. The Bed and Breakfast/Apartment was exactly as it appeared on the website. It was welcoming, very clean and well planned. All rooms are en-suite. We had three rooms all had showers. I think there are five rooms altogether. All rooms had a laptop which easily connected to the internet, a safe, a hair-dryer, good sized towels, plenty of clothes hangers, air conditioning/heating and a fridge. The beds were very comfortable and we all slept well. If you needed a coffee or a hot drink there is a small kitchen for your use, with a complimentary selection of teas, coffees and milk. There is also a wide selection of reading material and guide books. You have your own keys and can come and go as you like. There are no restrictions on timings during your stay. If I were to be super critical I would have liked a large mirror in our bedroom (Marilyn room), But this is just incidental and nitpicking.

It is within easy walking distance for most of Rome's major attractions and very near the Tiber. I think the nearest bridge was Ponte Garibaldi. There are numerous amounts of bars and eating places within steps from the building. Once we found our bearings we also discovered we were within very close walking distance to Ponte Cestio over the island Tiberna and there you have it, The Roman Forum, Palatine, Colosseum it's all there! Amazing.

Maria and Fabrizio were there all day, just not in the evenings. But then why do you need someone in the evenings anyway? We felt very safe and the staff were not at all intrusive.
They will help you with anything you need and answer any questions you may have. They give a very helpful street map of Rome. Recommend eating places that will suit your individual tastes. I suggest you take these recommendations they were by far the best out of the local eating places we tried. There is a friendly little bar at the end of the road where you can have a drink and wait for or meet the rest of your group.

yes there is a little noise from other rooms/apartments but in reality not very much and I would be surprised if you could find anywhere completely quiet in a central location in Rome!

All in all I thoroughly recommend this accommodation. Nothing is too much trouble for these wonderful hosts with their delightful accommodation.

On a further note I was and still am, amazed at how friendly the majority of the Roman people were. This is most unusual for a Capital City. I hope I can go back soon there is still so much more to see. I loved Rome and the people.
Thank you so much.

Room Tip: The room with the round bed is probably the smallest. Perfect for single occupancy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank welovehappyholidays
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a long weekend's stay at the WRH Trastevere. It is a brilliant little hotel/b&b and well worth a visit. We went for the superior room which was spacious and very comfortable, I would say it is worth the extra money. Maria and Fabrizio were extremely helpful. We were greeted with a bottle of wine and snacks which was very welcome after the flight. They know all the best restaurants (take their advice, trust me!), they are happy to book museums, reservations, taxis etc etc. You just wouldnt get this personal service at a major hotel and it made our stay so easy and trouble-free.

Breakfast is across the street in an authentic coffee shop where you share the bar with dozens of locals popping in for a cappucino and a chat. This is a great touch!

What we loved most about this little hotel is the fact that it feels like you have your own little apartment in the excellent Trastevere district. As you will see from a map Trastevere is so accessible for the rest of the city, we walked everywhere and this was the best way to really see the city. The bars and restaurants of Trastevere are very trendy and there is loads going on.

All in all i would highly reccomend this hotel and we will definitely be staying there again on our next trip. Thanks very much Maria and Fabrizio!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Flat6Inc
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were welcomed into this small hotel (similar to a bed and breakfast) by Fabrizio who offered us complimentary espresso, then proceeded to ask us what we wanted to do while in Rome. He gave us recommendations that were very helpful. My girlfriend and I overpacked for our trip and wanted to make an overnight trip to Florence, so we asked Fabrizio if we could leave our luggage for a day and a half. Fabrizio didn't charge us for the luggage storage, and even offered us more espresso when we returned for our luggage. We were so pleased with his hospitality and sincere kindness that we bought him a bottle of wine.

As for the room itself, it was very modern and trendy - but in a comfortable way. Our room also has a laptop for us to use, as well as wireless for our own laptops and mobile devices. The room was immaculately clean so bugs were not an issue.

The hotel is also in one of the best locations in Rome, in my opinion. It is far enough away from the tourist areas that you can experience great, cheap local cuisine, but it is close enough to almost all landmarks for you to walk to them.

Overall I highly recommend this hotel. When I return to Rome, I plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple