“Budget and clean Hotel, won't recommend in peak summer”
Review of Hotel Marechiaro

Hotel Marechiaro
Ranked #898 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Reading, United Kingdom
“Budget and clean Hotel, won't recommend in peak summer”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Hotel is 2 min's walk from Termini station. Near to main sites and quick access through metro or bus. Mc Donalds near by. Small but Clean room for the price. Sheets and towels replaced daily.
Cons:
1. No Air Condition. Its really Hot.
2. Closed between 1.00am to 6.00am. Plan accordingly.
3. leave/collect keys from reception at 1st floor. (I got a room at 3rd floor)
4. You have to pay everything on 1st day.

Room Tip: If you are fine with all cons. This is a good budget hotel at heart of cIty.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pramuldeep G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Good location to ancient Rome. The Colosseum is 10 minutes walk, the Termini is 3 minutes. The Hotel is in an old building, lift is operating. The room is dark a bit, basic level, no air condition, in summer take it in consideration! There is no reception from midnight to 6 in the morning. You cannot enter the house gate. The luggage room is 10 euro for leaving the baggages there. Use it, if you want to save time, because at the Termini station there is no left luggage locker, only left luggage office, and the queue is about 30m long. The price is 7-8 euros for 5 hours.
Rome is grate, don't waste any time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy_0602
Hesdin, France
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is a budget hotel but is excellent value - the rooms are large and clean and the shower was good. It is very close to the central train station thus ideal for a short stopover. The street outside is noisy (which previous reviews had warned us about) but there is nothing the hotel can do about it - you just need to block it out :-)
It is in a central location so would be great value for young travellers (who are not as fussy about hard beds etc), particularly with the option of 3 to a room.
The street outside is buzzing with restaurants and market stalls during the day, but feels a bit unsavoury at night - just be sure to lock your room well and keep valuables close to hand.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DKFrance
Scheveningen, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Last week (2nd week of April 2012), we've spend three days in this ** hotel. After reading the reviews on this page we were a bit worried about a lot of things. It even made me have doubts about if I wanted to stay here and not just go to a different place.

On arrival there were two very nice English man. No their Englsh wasn't the best but they were very friendly and helpfull. After signing us into the big book they explained us the 'houserules'. We've been reading about these in the reviews as well.

- Leaving roomkey when leaving the hotel
- Receptiondesk closed from 1 - 6. Which means you have to be back in the hotel before 1 or stay out untill 6.
- Breakfast is 5 euro per person per day
- Lugageroom 10 euro per room

When you know these things in advance.... No problem at all. (at least not for us)

We were assigned to a room on the third floor. We took the stairs because the elevator is a bit shabby. (actually I'm just a easilly scared person ;-))
After arriving in our room, we were happily surprised. The room was pretty big and looked clean. We got a double bed, closet and our own bathroom with toilet, shower etc.
It overlooked the streetside and therefor it was a noisy room.

So. If you're looking for a cheap hotel, close to the trainstation (50m), shops and restaurant and about a 20min. walk to the old Rome.... This is the right place. Rome is a busy place with many many tourists. Even an expansive hotel will be noisy.

For the two stars and cheap price this is a lovely place to stay!

To reply to the things I've been reading here:
- we didn't leave any of our money/passport etc in our room and just took it with us. So no robbery here
- yes, the station area is pretty dodgy but I didn't feel unsafe for a second because of all the tourists (so no worries there)
- the beds are really just fine! Clean, big, and no noise (at least not in our room)
- the bathroom was fine and since it was in our room it was clean but just fine. (no smelly pipes)
- no unfriendly staff. Just be nice to them and they'll be nice to you!

Just.... enjoy Rome. Don't expact a 300 euro room and you'll be happily surprised!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Vanya2012
Tirana, Albania
Reviewed March 29, 2012

this hotel is OK, if you are staying for 1 nights or 2. very very close to the train station. plenty of bars and shops around. cleanliness is acceptable, but bathroom very small, and a bit smelly due to pipes. beds are very unconfortable, and very noisy. however, for the price we payed (40 EUR night) was more than OK.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Marin81
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2012

it was hotel policy that keys are handed into reception before you went out so we always did so that the cleaner could clean the room, I had left our money in the suit case for safety in the room and we went out for our day trip. When we had come back it was all gone we went down to reception to rport this as they had they key all day, the Manager dismissed me and told me that this sort of thing does not happen in our hotel, I explained that it had done and asked how he could help me again he told me that this had not happened and to go away, I told the manager that I was going to call the police he said as you have not declared anything valuble in the room to me the police cannot do anything, so we went out of the hotel to go to the police station and the Manager followed us shouting abuse to us this left us feeling so uncomftable

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Raychel S

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Zwevegem, Belgium
Reviewed November 9, 2011

At first I had my doubts after booking, seeing that I d had to be in at 01u00! Termini area I m acquinted with since I slept there over 30 times! This hotel was the cheapest ever, I got a clean room, and a clean bathroom, friendly receptionist, and hey I had to pay 10 euro per room to store our luggage the last day but I knew this in advance! Breakfast I didnt even try, since there is no hotel in this area wich offers a propper breakfast at this cheap rates in the whole area! I paid 25 euro per person, and yes there was no rembrandt hanging on the wall, no thermal bath, no superview, but I got to visit Rome, slept in a good and clean bed, enjoyed the cafés in the neighboorhood and had some good talks with the owner!!!! I was happy and satisfied!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family