“Excellent little hotel - great location - fantastic service”
Review of Hotel Charter

and 1 more site!
Hotel Charter
Ranked #479 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here last Easter and would highly recommend it as a small convenient hotel.

Service was fantastic with extrmely helpful owner / staff, who went out of their way to give tourist directions and to generally be friendly.

Rooms ample (with plenty of coat hangers) - can't fault it.

Enjoyed our stay and would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paulo M

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed there last October. The location was ideal close to termini station and great places to eat. The hotel room was small but comfortable for a weekend stay.
There is hot water and the people at he reception desk were kind and friendly.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces the inner court yard, it is less noisy
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lorcha1607
Reviewed May 21, 2012

hotel is just accross termini, the room was clean, good smell, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom is nice, even the corrigidors are clean, what i like most during my stay there is the receptonist, aside that he can speak english very well, he gives you advice, where we can save more by taking different transportation and where we can buy etc, we bought our dinner at the the restaurant infront, and there's a small store with all the delicious pizza and roasted chicken near, very cheap, I stayed there with my sister last year October first week. And will stay again in Hotel Charter next time im in Rome!!! Hundred percent I will recommend to my friends, Hotel Charter!!!

Room Tip: A rooms infront of the street, so you can have a nice view of the restaurant infront and wifi are fr...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank tes0302
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The hotel location is very good, close to Termini! 1 minute! Easy to reach everything.
The room is small, clean, but enough, you will do sightseeing all day so enough for the sleep!
Matraces are comfortable!
Good cafés and restaurants, shops nearby.
No breakfast included because they have no restaurant, so 2 options left: Buy someting at the shops (bread, cold meat, cheese, milk etc) or go out and have breakfast nearby.
Rome is not cheap but this hotel still worth it for the money and you have own bathroom!
If you want to stay for a few day for sightseeing, it's the best!
Of course it's not as quiet you were in a park, because it's in the city, so some nose should be expected.

To HOTEL: A smal refrigerator would be nice to store some drinks and food and a kettle to make a tea or coffee in the morning. (smart guests can figure out how to survive)

Room Tip: Maybe a very hot summer season could be problem for someone, because the have only ceiling fans and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HunyadiL
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Hotel is so near to Termini station which is a great location, very welcomed staff. clean rooms, Price is very good. rooms looked like the pictures when I booked.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2011

First of all, I must mention that I made a reservation in a hotel nearby (hotel bergamo) however something went wrong with my reservation and I must say not their fault (booking site) and I ended up whitout a room. Actually despite my late hour of arrving (nearly midnight) the friendly receptionist arranged a room nearby in this hotel Charter. The rooms are somewhat older and could use a renovation and they are not so clean (I'm not really fond of the bedspread) but not dirty either. Sheets and floor where clean and the bathroom was clean and had everything in working order. If you consider the price compared to average hotels in Rome it's quite some value for money and the location is not bad either because you're near the Termini station and not quite far from the top tourist destinations. the staff is friendly and I would recommend this hotel to young/budget and single travellers staying for a short trip. A comment on the neighborhood...when arriving after 11pm I kind of thought it to be a bad neighborhood. Actually seeing it during day time and earlier in the evening the streets around the hotel are quite busy and lively with restaurants and tourist shops (also two supermarkets nearby) so not more unsafe then the rest of Rome. Be aware of pick pockets and some undesired solicitors (do not accept anything offered for free like wrist bands, but that's common sense and you'll find these people anywhere tourist are nowadays)

Room Tip: ask a room facing the inner court yard because Rome is quite lively up to late in the evening if you...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank bartlanduyt
Reviewed June 13, 2011

In general this hotel reflects the reviews that I’ve looked into before booking my stay. However, one disappointment was that the AC was not turned on yet (I guess they follow the calendar summer). May is not a very hot month, but our room faced the street which is very noisy at 5AM with garbage/delivery trucks. We tried to close the window, but then there was no oxygen in the room. All the other features (that I based my choice on) worked out good. Location was great: very close to train station and public transport to visit all the touristy sites (we got a pass to use all the buses/trams/subway). I guess one can walk to a lot of sites, but we are not that young anymore. The area and the 24-hour reception really made us feel safe, even though it is not a touristy zone. There was a small supermarket around the corner and a big one 3 blocks away. Internet point is a half block away. There were a variety of restaurants, nothing spectacular, but much cheaper that at all the central/touristy places. The room itself was bigger than I expected after reading the reviews (enough space for two people in a double room): big armoire (a lot of hangers), two nightstands, even a writing desk w/chair. The TV was mounted on the wall, (so it was out of the way); it had a few channels on different languages, but we usually do not watch TV when we travel. I would say there is enough space to put a mini fridge and a coffee maker (MY SUGGESTION TO THE HOTEL) since there is no breakfast. The bathroom is adequate, nice showerhead and shampoo/soap provided. The shower is small compared to US standards, but I did not mind that too much. Linens/towels get changed every 3 days. The mattress felt too hard after a while. The staff was friendly, most could speak Basic English and one can leave the luggage at reception after check out if needed. There are no stairs, but a slow lift will go up/down one floor while you have to hold the button (I got irritated by that button a few times). The rate felt expensive for me (more than I paid for a best western in Los Angeles), but I guess that’s Rome for you. I would say it can be a good stop for a night or two, but not for a vacation stay unless you used to Spartan lifestyle (or a much cheaper rate). As a final note, compared to a very similar 2-star hotel in Seville (also central location), the Charter would lose (due to no AC, hard bed, and small shower).

Room Tip: ask to see a differnt room
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family