“Lovely hotel... GREAT location !!!”
Review of Imperial Rooms

Imperial Rooms
Ranked #1,247 of 3,692 Rome B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely hotel... GREAT location !!!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for a 3 day break in Rome, it’s a lovely hotel right next to the Colloseum literally just across the road so the perfect location!!
The staff were great very friendly & helpful & spoke perfect English. The rooms that are closest to the road have a nice view of ruins & also you can look to the left to see the Colloseum but they don’t block out the sun / street lights & it can get very noisy at night (very loud music throughout the night from the bars downstairs – so if you’re a light sleeper request a room on the other side of the hotel. But the rooms on the other side of the hotel were beautiful, nice big bathrooms, they have blinds to shut out the light they were great !

The breakfast was nice, buns, croissants, cheese, crackers, juice, coffee, tea etc, it was huge but it was fine !!

The metro is also just down the road, across from the colloseum so the hotel really is in the best location!!

I would definitely stay here again as its the best location I would just ask for a room not facing the road !!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank amor_vida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
KL, Malaysia
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I spent almost a month in Europe and stayed at Imperial Rooms from 5 to 11 April 2012.

Prior to my arrival, I stayed in a 4-star hotel in Switzerland. Although the room was much bigger in Switzerland, the service was rather disappointed.

Imperial Rooms is right next to the Colosseo and the ticket booth of ATAC (Note: one way ticket to travel within Rome costs €1 via metro/bus/tram, you can either buy ticket from the ticket booth or at the metro station), 5-10 minutes from the metro and a few bus stations, the Roman Forum, the Palatine Hill, the Imperial Forum, the Basilica San Clement and the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano (the oldest and ranks first among the 4 major basilicas of Rome), 10-15 minutes from Piazza Campidoglio and Piazza Venetia, and Tesco is right at the back of the hotel (you probably won’t notice if you do not pay close attention).

I arrived the night before Good Friday and avoided the hassle to drag my luggage around by paying €30 per person for Imperial Rooms to arrange for shuttle from the Fiumicino Airport and you know what, the boss himself and one staff picked us up from the airport. I had considered taking Leonardo Express earlier, the fare per person to Roma Termini is approximately €14 but decided against it since this was our (I travelled with my sibling) first free & easy trip to Rome and I couldn’t imagine dragging our heavy luggage to Stazione Termini in order to take Metro (at one-way fee €1) to Colosseo or take taxi in the middle of the night (at approximately €10) to the Imperial Rooms.

I was given a room with en-suite bathroom (I think not all rooms have Jacuzzi as advertised) on the 1st floor facing an ancient ruin (the view from my room could not be better, Colosseo is on the left and ancient ruin is just in front). The staffs were friendly and very helpful (they helped me to get a taxi at 6am to Roma Termini for my onwards trip to Florence and the taxi arrived within 3 minutes. Also helped me to clean after the mess I’ve made with genuine smile as I accidentally pull down the loose cereal container......my brother said he wished he brought our camera to take photo of my facial expression then). The room was spotlessly clean, fully furnished with a small TV, air-con, heater, mini bar, built-in the wall safe with free WiFi (I was really grateful that Imperial Rooms provided free WiFi because one 4-star hotel I stayed in London charged up to £15 per day to access high-speed internet) and free breakfast.

I enjoyed my stay and would recommend Imperial Rooms to you, if you are looking for a value-for-money hostel which is close to all the major sights, offers personalised service, do not mind to climb stairs (the hostel is located in an old building hence no lift to go up and down, but need not worry about bringing your luggage up as the staff will help you to send all to your room upon arrival) and can sleep well regardless of what condition since the bars downstairs open till 1-2am and people stay on the street until 3-4am and are really noisy even the double glazed window can’t block-out the loud noise entirely (I didn’t mind at all because I was either dog tired after my hard day out and fall sound asleep almost immediately after I lie down or worked late updating photos in my facebook. If you do, ask for an inner room but then you will not be able to enjoy the view outside and check the weather daily), this hostel would be the right fit for you as it was for me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank daphydo
Florida, New York
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I would reccomend this Hotel to everybody. It is the best place I've ever been!
I woke up watching the Coloseum and felt asleep vith the wonderful view of Nero's Park!
IThe room was spotlessly clean, comfortable, romantic and I could use the wi-fi for free which is something hard to find.
Moreover brekfast was delicious. Pastries and fruit, cereals, and cappuccino was the best!
Staff was friendly and always at reception. They arranged a pick.up from the airport and also way back. Great value for money!
I've found my place in Rome!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Normann N
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Great rooms, very friendly staff and a sweet breakfast room completely ruined by the bar/club next door running ( I am told) an unauthorised disco until 2am. The street noise continued on till about 3am. We stayed on the first floor. The night manager tried to talk to the bar and got some success of volume reduction the first night but had no luck the second night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room well away from the bar/disco
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PrimroseHouse
PERTH
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We didn't even get to stay at the hotel, due to the volcanic ash problem we could not even fly out of Australia to get to Italy.
I cancelled our reservation with Imperial Rooms on the 19-4-10 we were to stay with them from the 23-4-10 to the 28-4-10.
They still took $517.00 AUS from my credit card and I can not get it back so far!!!
I have gone to Consumer Affairs over this matter.
All I can say is if this is the treatment I am receiving from the Hotel and we didn't even get to stay there, god only knows what the place is really like.
Very disapointed with Imperial Rooms

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank WALDOPERTH
Gloucester, UK
Reviewed January 16, 2010

We've just returned from a short break in Rome, and stayed in the Imperial Rooms. The location could not be better, with the Colosseum just over the road, and the Forum and Palatine Hill just a tiny bit further. There were also some good restaurants nearby, and the train station a couple of minutes walk to make further exploration of the city.

On arrival the receptionist noticed that my partner had a birthday during our stay, and on the evening before the birthday a complementary bottle of wine was left in the room with glasses and opener! It's things like this that, for us, turn a good place into a great place. Our room, although small, had everything we needed, and we especially liked the jacuzzi bath. I should point out that we had a room at the back on the first floor, and during the evening we could hear the bar downstairs, but not so much that it prevented us from sleeping. Our room was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was OK, mostly sweet pastries, and I'm a savoury kind of person, but it's the Italian way, and when in Rome...

In all, we loved this Hotel. The staff were really friendly and helpful, the room comfortable and the location is fabulous. We stayed in January and had a room at the back, maybe if you're staying during the warmer months it would be prudent to request a back room, as I would imagine it could get quite noisy out front.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Montyspaw
Rotterdam
Reviewed May 20, 2009

This hotel is located right next to the Colosseum above a couple of loud bars. Even at the third floor, the single glazed windows at the front did not at all keep the noise out of the tiny room. The bars below were open till 2 AM and the public stayed on the street till about 4 AM. Live music is featured on Wednesdays. Don't stay here if you can't sleep in a noisy environment (even on the third floor).

The location is great, right next to the Colosseum and very close to the metro. However, if you like to visit the other main sites by foot, you have to walk around the Foro Romano every time, which is a pain. Hotels near Termini might then be a better, cheaper pick.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple