“I have mixed reviews”
Review of Viale Trastevere

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Viale Trastevere
Ranked #2,850 of 3,621 Rome B&B and Inns
California
“I have mixed reviews”
Reviewed April 1, 2007

I booked this bed & breakfast thru sleepinitaly.com against my better judgement. don't get me wrong, the price 83 euros a night was excellent, the hostess Ms. Magrini took good care of us but the entrance to the building (with no sign out front) was seedy and scary looking. My sister wanted to run back into the taxi and lose our deposit, she wanted to cry. I however convinced her to go in, so we rang the bell was ushered in after a few minutes of not understanding the lady (she doesn't speak anything but Italian, I only know the most basic words) so imagine my 2nd surprise when we entered to find out we had to haul our suitcases 3 flights of stairs (the ad states it's on the first floor...by European standards it's on the 2nd floor and NO lift) then we didn't understand each other (thank GOD for my fluency in spanish that passes for italian!) and we find out that what the ad states as "the double room with private bathroom" is really down the hall shared with other guests! I don't blame the lady, I blame sleepinitaly for all the misunderstandings. The room is exactly as posted in sleepinitaly.com website. The breakfast was ok. (basic continental breakfast) but I can't say all be back. To far from the historic center, scary neighborhood at night, the building rumbles everytime the metro goes by (right in front of the building and the train passed every 5-10 minutes) lots of noise at night. Lot's and lot's of graffiti in Trastevere, more than I see in East L.A.....

• Liked — It was clean (inside the apartment)
  • Disliked — The location, the entrance, the neighborhood
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SCaliGirl