Residence Candia
$424
$381
Autograph
  • Pool
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$147
$69
  • Free Internet
All reviewsvatican museumcipro metro stationgreat locationstudying abroadclose to the vaticansecond homebedroom apartmentgelatowell equipped kitchensafe neighborhoodstay there againstayed here for one nightrooftop patiotiber riverhelpful with directionsspoke good englishcity tax
Reviewed February 24, 2011

What a find! Our relatives in Salerno Italy told us of this place and it was perfect! Plus villa 106 where we stayed had a much needed washing machine. Since we are runners it was great to have that as a bonus. The flat was very clean, with new everything. Had a nice size bathroom (shower only) plus living room with trundle bed and a sleeping loft above for guests or kids. Main sleeping room was equipped with a queen size bed big closet dresser and plenty of outlets to recharge phones etc. Within a few blocks of the sistine chapel and vatican. Great restraints nearby too. Even a grocery store and metro line close. It is apartment style with daily cleaning and the front desk crew helped with directions, restaurants, train tickets and more. Would highly recommend. Will use again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2011

We were in Rome for the holidays and stayed at Residence Candia. The hotel is very clean and we had a very nice apartment, which was more than we asked for. The staff were wonderful, friendty, and very helpful. We walked from corner to corner of the city seeing the sights, but liked being nearby the Vatican. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Residence Candia Nov 1st-5th. Penthouse room was brilliant with view of St Peters. Rooms very clean and the kitchenette was really useful. Staff were very helpful,really kind and friendly and always available to help. The location was great and we walked everywhere - it helped that the sun was shining all week! We could not fault the hotel or staff and would definately recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2010

My husband and I stayed here at the end of our honeymoon. The location is fabulous, only being a 2-5 min walk to the vatican. The staff we encountered there were all very polite and helpful. Our room, had a queen/double bunk set. The bed was comfy. There was air conditioning which worked well. The bathroom was very clean. Mini kitchen, although we did not use, looked like it had all one would need to whip up a quick/simple meal.
Great stay!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Residence Candia and were very pleased with this hotel/apartment. Although the room was small, it had a full kitchen & a nice terrace that faced St. Peter's Basillica. The Vatican Museum is approximately 2 blocks away. From the Vatican, you can purchase a ticket for one of many "hop on hop off" buses that can take you to all the main tourist sites around Rome. There is also a supermarket about 1/2 block away. To save money on food, which can be high in Rome, my wife and I bought food at the supermarket and cooked our own breakfast, lunch and dinner. The kitchen is equipment with all pots/pans, plates, glasses, stove, refrigerator, microwave, etc., and the supermarket food is very cheap. The staff was always friendly and eager to assist us. The free internet wireless helped me stay in contact with my family and friends back home without spending a lot of money on phone calls. Our goal was to see as much of Rome as possible while staying in a clean, safe hotel, which we did. We spent little time in our room other than cooking/sleeping. If this is your goal, this hotel might be right for you. If you plan on spending a lot of time in the hotel & you want a luxury resort with swimming pool, hot tube, spas, etc., this place is not for you. Again, the rooms are very small & it has probably the smallest elevator I've ever been on. Two people is about all this elevator could hold comfortably. My wife and I will choose this hotel again the next time we come to Rome.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple