“Perfect for us in Rome. Clean room, lovely owner, very helpful and terrific value for money.”
Review of B&B Laocoonte

B&B Laocoonte
Ranked #386 of 3,643 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We would definateley stay here again. Walk to Vatican, local food markets, public transport, local restaurants. For the money, we couldn't fault it.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Witten, Germany
Reviewed April 19, 2012

If you are in Rome you just need a clean room with clean shower and toilet.
This is what you get here, extremely clean. The rooms are not big but sufficient, the good (sweet) breakfast is served between 8 and 10 in your room.
I do not need a restaurant, I prefer to eat outside for lunch/dinner.
It is close to Vatican and to the Metro Station.
The owners are always helpful (in the morning or available by phone).
It is really recommendable!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Stephan K
Rome, Italy
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Rome is a city filled with awful hotels, sadly customer service has yet to be imported so finding friendly voice on the phone and service to back it was refreshing to say the least. The room was charming and clean, my family loved it and recommended it to my wife and I while we changed apartments. for only 60 euros a night for a double, it was an absolute steal. Our budget was a tight one, so finding a place like this truly saved us. A short walk to the Vatican, we were so happy to come back and relax after a hard day. I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Room Tip: ask for Giordanno, he was essential to our stay.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pancevo, Serbia
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This is a very, very nice B&B. It is just couple minutes from entry into Vatican museums, bus stop and metro station (A line) that can take you within couple of minutes to all points of interest in Rome. I loved the beautifully arranged rooms (I saw 2 out of 5). It is clean, big enough and so charming. In the nice apartment building with a beautiful garden and 3 cute cats that live there. The owner is the most pleasant young woman eager to help you. The breakfast is served in your room between 8 and 10, whenever you like. I recommend this B&B 100% and if I ever go back to Rome (and I hope I will, because I did throw the coin into the Fontana di Trevi), I would stay at this B&B.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank gaga976
Lorton, Virginia
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Lovely room in former apartment. Hosts were helpful, arranged taxi in the middle of the night for us and Lady of the House made a spectacular cup of coffee! A great place to stay if you plan to visit the Vatican, but not terribly convenient to other parts of Rome. Clean and comfortable, but little or no air conditioning to speak of. Be forewarned that the owner is NOT on the premises, so in case of problem you would have to call him (I accidentally left my key in my room and he came right away). Ten minute walk to Vatican, safe neighborhood. I would return if I were planning to return to the Vatican.

Room Tip: Air conditioning was inadequate, room was clean towels provided and breakfast was lovely.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Giordano and Hiromi greeted us and treated us well... clean and well-maintained facilities, ample breakfast each morning. clean linens, and great hospitality... The room that we stayed in is small, but the window opened to a cute courtyard, and we had what we needed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We stayed there for 5 nights. The room is smaller than we expected however is still acceptable. Everything is clean and neat and gives us some sort of homey feeling. We liked the marble floor and the classic wood furniture. A lot of closet spaces.

The breakfast is served at our room and is pretty good: a jug of orange juice, cappucino, dried toast with different jam and butter (yes butter), yogurt and a small package of cake. We really liked it that we had a different type of cake everyday. The bed is so so - well, how often we would like the bed other than our own bed at home? Air Conditioning is strong and quiet. There is a water filtered tank near the entrance which offers icy cold water - it is really a bonus especially when you forgot to buy bottles of water before you come back to your room.

The location is great; we walked to St Peters Square 4 times (one time was at night for taking photos) and Vatican Museum. There are a few eatery places and good restaurants that we liked. A small supermarket nearby as well. It is close to subway stop Cipro and many buses stop nearby.

The reason we did not give it a 5-star rating was because of the bathroom. It is very clean and new however the showerbox is extremely small. If you are a female with size over 12 and if you are a man with size extra large and waist line is 40" and up, you have to squeeze your tummy in and out each time. I checked their pictures on a couple of websites before I wrote this review. Their pictures showed that the bathroom was in blue; and the shower was with curtain but not with glass box. I am not sure if it was an old picture or it was a different room. We don't remember the # of the room we stayed at, it was either room 1 or 2 - the first one on the left hand side. Our bathroom is in white and the shower with the glass door. We also checked the shared bathroom which is across from our room, it is exactly the same design and the size of the shower box is also the same. So if your size is over average, you may have to double check with them before booking. Also, there was no place for the shampoo/shower gel inside the shower box. I ended up have to leave it on the base and kneeled again to pick it up (remember the size of the shower box).

I read that one complained it was very noisy. I agreed that there were noices coming from the water pipes once in a while, however it did not bother us. I do not agree that the walls are paper thin as we did not hear anything. It must be the room that they stayed at.

I do agree with someone saying that they want cash over credit card. When I booked the room through Expedia, they said I could pay by credit card. However, they sent us an email reminding us that they do not accept credit card but cash.

The owners are very nice and we enjoyed our stay there - only except the challenge of getting in and out from the shower box which we sometimes found it quite funny to us. Having said that, we highly recommended this place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple